Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Reading Slump

What is a reading slump?

  • a feeling wherein you are not in the mood to read.

Am I experiencing it?
YES... and I HATE IT! I hate this feeling of not in the mood to read. We readers want to finish a book no matter how thick it is or how boring the book is. As much as possible, we want to add most of the books on "read" pile, not on the "DNF" pile or Did-Not-Finish pile or "On-hold".

I read random genres and I tend to explore it. There are just times that I'm in the mood to read this, sometimes I don't. It just needs timing.

Other reasons why I'm having reading slumps

  1. The story is so slow. I keep waiting for something to happen.. something that will hit my excitement but nothing happens. 
  2. You start a good book then halfway through it, things are getting boring. Not exciting at all.
  3. When the book confuses me. Particularly lack of descriptions, I just don't understand what the heck is happening. Maybe I need some clarifications or something.
  4. Highfalutin words. Gosh. Brain hemorrhage! Nose bleed!                                                                         (PS. Good thing e-readers have a built-in dictionary. For those reading paperbacks/hardcovers, put the dictionary beside you. Just in case. It's tiring looking back and forth though.)
  5. Other hobbies like surfing the internet, listening to music, watching a TV show or movies, etc..
  6. Lastly, when you thought it's a good book, all of a sudden you HATE it.

Oh well. I need to get out of this slump ASAP.

Do you guys experience this? How do you get out of it? 






2 comments:

  1. Glad to know I am not the only one.I am going through a terrible reading slump too,Beatrice:(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We definitely need a book that will get us out of this slump. :(

      Delete