Sunday, July 14, 2013

Eleanor & Park by Rainbow Rowell

Pages: 327 
Goodreads rating: 4.22/5 stars
My rating: 5/5 stars
Genre: YA Contemporary Romance

Summary (Goodreads):
Set over the course of one school year in 1986, ELEANOR AND PARK is the story of two star-crossed misfits – smart enough to know that first love almost never lasts, but brave and desperate enough to try. When Eleanor meets Park, you’ll remember your own first love – and just how hard it pulled you under.

My Review: * Sorry for the late post. I'm pretty busy with my school stuffs*

It was such a sweet book. I love Eleanor & Park's love story. It's cute and light and you'll enjoy this one. I think it's worth the hype to read this.

The last part just left me HANGING. I'm really curious of what Eleanor wrote on the post card. What the hell was that?! Curiosity kills by the way. ;) This book definitely tells that physical looks doesn't matter. We are free to love a person regardless of the size or how he/she dressed up. What matters is that you are real. 

What I didn't like about Eleanor is that she let herself to be hurt and does not seek help. She pretends that she could carry everything. Protecting herself and her family should be a priority. This annoyed me a little. *sighs* Park's character is just adorable. I love this Korean boy!


It's a good one. Definitely recommended to everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment