Sunday, July 14, 2013

Gabriel's Rapture by Sylvain Reynard

Pages: 386
Goodreads rating: 4.28/5 stars
My Rating: 5/5 stars
Genre: Contemporary Romance, Erotica



Summary (Goodreads):
Professor Gabriel Emerson has embarked on a passionate, yet clandestine affair with his former student, Julia Mitchell. Sequestered on a romantic holiday in Italy, he tutors her in the sensual delights of the body and the raptures of sex. But when they return, their happiness is threatened by conspiring students, academic politics, and a jealous ex-lover. When Gabriel is confronted by the university administration, will he succumb to Dante's fate? Or will he fight to keep Julia, his Beatrice, forever? In Gabriel's Rapture, the brilliant sequel to the wildly successful debut novel, Gabriel's Inferno, Sylvain Reynard weaves an exquisite love story that will touch the reader's mind, body, and soul, forever.

My Review:
Gabriel and Julia's relationship was very romantic and I love it!
Their love story kinda grew on me and I really enjoyed the conflicts of this book and I can't wait to read the next one. I am wondering what will happen on Gabriel's Redemption. I'm so excited. :)

Honestly, it's a bit dragging and it took me time to read it just like in the first book. I keep on waiting for something to happen or sonething that will shock me. It was a slow read to me I guess though the pages aren't  that long unlike the previous book.

What made me love this book? 

 Aside from the romance there are character improvements.

 I love Gabriel worked to be a better person by seeking forgiveness for all his faults and being selfless. As well as for being loyal to Julianne.  Who wouldn't love this man? His imperfections makes him perfect. While Julianne did change a bit. with her confidence and braveness which makes me like her more (though she's still an emotional rabbit)

And lastly, it's more of love than lust. If you know what I mean. Sylvain Reynard is one good romance author and I look forward to read more. Definitely a thumbs up! This is the first erotica novel that I gave 5 out of 5 stars. By the way, I just realize Sylvain Reynard was a guy. :)

I highly recommended this book if you like reading erotica novels.

Favorite Quote:

 “I want to be your first and your last. I love you, Julianne. I offer you my heart and my life.” - Gabriel Owen Emerson :">

No comments:

Post a Comment