Friday, August 23, 2013

The Elite by Kiera Cass

Pages: 323
Goodreads rating: 3.95/ 5 stars
My rating:  4/5 stars
Genre: YA/Dystopia

Summary (Goodreads):
Thirty-five girls came to the palace to compete in the Selection. All but six have been sent home. And only one will get to marry Prince Maxon and be crowned princess of Illea.

America still isn’t sure where her heart lies. When she’s with Maxon, she’s swept up in their new and breathless romance, and can’t dream of being with anyone else. But whenever she sees Aspen standing guard around the palace, and is overcome with memories of the life they planned to share. With the group narrowed down to the Elite, the other girls are even more determined to win Maxon over—and time is running out for America to decide.

Just when America is sure she’s made her choice, a devastating loss makes her question everything again. And while she’s struggling to imagine her future, the violent rebels that are determined to overthrow the monarchy are growing stronger and their plans could destroy her chance at any kind of happy ending.

My Review:

 I finished this book last August 3,2013. Sorry if I'm posting this late because I'm a bit busy with school stuffs and I don't have time to update. I will make it up as much as I could. Thank you for dropping by on my blog!

So going back, The Elite is the second book on The Selection trilogy and I think this one is a little bit frustrating. America begins to discover the truth about Illea. The questions that remained unanswered and unclear in her mind might help her to become the next princess and bring change to Illea's ruling. 

However, her romantic life is so complicated. Her feelings towards Prince Maxon becomes more intimate but a part of her wants to be with Aspen. I'm a bit annoyed with this because SHE CAN'T CHOOSE ONE.  I want to apologize in advance because I have rants. Seriously, I'm not a fan of Aspen Leger (though he's a better kisser) I just want America to end up with Prince Maxon. Gosh. If Aspen isn't that prideful I might choose him because he's America's first love and her best friend through good and bad times. Oh well, let's just see on the last book and she really needs to make a choice. She  can't keep them both.

On the other hand, America is smart, brave and someone who doesn't give up easily. She wants freedom and equality for her people. I love her for that. :)

 I have to wait for the (#2.5) book which is The Guard and I believe it's going to be Aspen's POV (point of view), and the last book which is The One.  I can't wait for 2014. 




No comments:

Post a Comment