Monday, October 14, 2013

Hello October! Updates and Quick Book Reviews

My exams are almost over, BUT I'm still going to be a busy one on semestral break due to school requirements.. I will find time reading novels as well as reviewing.

"So many books, so little time"
 
Anyway, enough of school stuffs and I'm going to update of what's happening for this month of October.
 
I haven't read much last September and hopefully this month will be a good one. So far, I've read THREE books this month. I'm just going to do a quick review about my thoughts about it. :)

 

Forever in Blue: The Four Summer of the Sisterhood by Ann Brashares

Rating: 4/5 stars
Date Finished: October 9,2013
Genre: YA, Chick Lit

 
Review:
              It's been a while since I've read the third book and I sort of forgot what happened. It's a good read actually, but I find some of the characters a bit annoying. Let me mention Bridget and Carmen here. These two were my favorite characters, I'm a bit disappointed with them. I hope the final book is going to be better than this. I'm also looking forward what happens to them in the future.
 
              On the good side, I love the message of this series. These girls grew up together. They shared good and bad memories and learned from it. Things may have changed as they grow older and each of them have lives on their own. Despite of busy schedules, their friendship remains and love each intact no matter what happens whether it's good or bad.  I just love how their friendship were so close. They are definitely inseparable. Kudos to Ann Brashares!
 
                                  

The Transfer: A Divergent Story by Veronica Roth

Rating: 4/5 stars
Date Finished: October 12,2013
Genre: YA, Dystopian


 
Review:
            One thing is for sure. I need Allegiant RIGHT NOW! My anticipation of getting it is so damn high. It's nice to read this before Allegiant comes out. I miss Four already. So freaking bad. hahaha! (Sorry for a blabbering review)




Kisses from Hell by Kristin Cast, Alyson Noel, Kelley Armstrong, and Frances Lia Block

Rating: 3/5 stars
Date read: October 14,2013
Genre: YA, Paranormal, Fantasy
 

Review:
           There are good short stories here. My favorite was written by Richelle Mead. It was really a nice read, it's quick but some just bored me.


Updates:

I'm going to do a merged September- October Book Haul soon as well as late post of my experience of The 34th Manila International Book Fair. 

As of now.....

I am currently reading the following books:

 
That's all for now! Thank you :D
 
~ Beatrice~

No comments:

Post a Comment