Monday, December 30, 2013

Gods of Olympus Tag



This is a video response for Original Tag|Gods of Olympus Tag by AMindNeedsBooks

I love watching booktubers do book tags because of the questions and their responses. I've watched other booktubers do this tag. Since I don't really do video responses, I decided to make a blog post instead.

The questions:
Zeus: Name your favourite fictional leader, good or bad?

  • Peregrine from Under the Never Sky by Veronica Rossi. He may be stressed in leading his tribe, but he does everything in order to protect his tribe. 
Hera: Who are your favourite fictional parents? 
  • Arthur & Molly Weasley from Harry Potter series by J.K. Rowling. I like how they treat their children or their children's friends as one of their own. 

Demeter: What fictional food would you like to try? 
  • Gillyweed or Chocolate Frog. hahaha!
Poseidon: Name a book where water is central, either in setting or plot.
  • Under the Never Sky by Veronica Rossi. Since one of the main character lives nearby the sea in a tribe called Tides. :D
Dionysus: Which character would you most like to have a party with?
  • Patch Cipriano from Hush Hush by Becca Fitzpatrick. He's one romantic bad boy 

Apollo: Either, name a great debut book (so an author's first published work).

or Name a first book in a series you really enjoyed.
  • I really enjoyed Slammed by Colleen Hoover. So if you haven't tried this one, you better. You'll love Slam poetry. It's Young Adult but as you go along with the series, it turns to a bit New Adult. 
Artemis: 'Of all the Greek goddesses, she was the most self-sufficient, living life on her own terms, comfortable both in solitude and in holding the reins of leadership.'* Who is your favourite female heroine? 

  • Beatrice "Tris" Prior from Divergent by Veronica Roth. She's one kick-ass heroine who breaks out of her shell. I really adore her.

  • I'm gonna cheat with another heroine, which is my ultimate favorite kick-ass heroine and that is Lisbeth Salander from The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo by Stieg Larsson. She's independent, strong and brave. Her life may be not good, but she learned to survive and defend herself from those who hurt her. She's one heroine you sure don't want to mess with.
Athena: Name a character who is wise. 

  • Hermione Granger. hands down. She's amazing and smart. So brilliant! :D



Hermes: If you could travel to any fictional setting (real world or fantasy) where would you go?
  • Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry or that Harry Potter theme park in Universal Studios- Orlando, Florida.

Hephaestus: If you could have any fictional tool made (for example a weapon or a gadget), what would you want
  • The Cloak of Invisibility or a Time Turner . (Harry Potter) 
Ares: What is your favourite fictional battle?
  • The Battle of Hogwarts. Just epic. Voldemort vs. Harry Potter



Aphrodite: What is your ultimate ship (the characters do not have to be from the same book)?

  • I have lots in my mind. I love Gabriel Emerson and Julianne Mitchell's relationship. I know it came from an Adult Romance genre (specifically Erotica). Unlike any other erotica novels, it's more on STORY than sex scenes but this couple just prove how intimate their relationship. They were destined to each other. What made me love it so much? Their connection - The Divine Comedy by Dante Alighieri. 

Hades: If you could petition Hades to bring any fictional character back from the dead who would you choose?

  • As much as I want to mention it, I'm afraid not because I don't want to reveal a spoiler because it will ruin your moment. Let's just say, someone from Allegiant by Veronica Roth.  (If you've read the book, you know who I am talking about) The part where it broke my heart and made me wept. Though the message of true sacrifice was good, but there are lots of ways you can do sacrifices. Just... uggh!
Final question(s): If you could be a God/ Goddess of anything what would you want to be and what do you think would fit your personality? These do not have to be the same. 
  • Goddess of Healing. I want to heal those people in pain. Physical, Social, Emotional etc.. so they won't suffer through it. 

3 comments:

  1. This is such a cool post!! I totally agree with you about everything, especially Allegiant! haha I feel your pain girl!
    Thanks for following me, I followed you back :)
    Happy New Year!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome Aneta! :)
      Happy New Year too!

      Delete
  2. Great answers I really love Lisbeth Salander. She will always be a favorite Heroine :)
    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete