Saturday, December 28, 2013

Revealed by P.C. Cast & Kristin Cast

Pages: 352
Goodreads rating: 3.59 / 5 stars
My rating: 4 / 5 stars
Genre: Paranormal, Young Adult, Romance

Summary (Goodreads):

In the thrilling eleventh House of Night novel, more than just the House of Night is at stake in a dangerous battle for Zoey's life and soul. Can the Nerd Herd help her stay free long enough to flight back?


Drastically altered after her fall, Neferet is clinging to life with one goal in mind: to regain her strength and her consciousness. But before she goes into hiding to relieve her past -- and hopefully find the key to surviving in the present -- she will make one deadly strike. This time, against a human. And the aftershocks will leave no one untouched.

In the wake of a gruesome murder, Tulsa humans are panicked, blaming the House of Night for what was clearly a vampyre attack. But Zoey and the rest of the school know that none of them was involved. So who killed the mayor of Tulsa? As the police open an investigation, tensions on other fronts are growing even higher-- Dallas is on a rampage against Zoey and her friends. When he finally makes a move against Stevie Rae and Shaunee, the battle lines are drawn-- and someone will have to take the fall.

Meanwhile, Something's going on with Zoey... and not a fun kind of something. She's feeling strange and stressed all the time-- well, more stressed than usual. Which shouldn't be a surprise, considering that a powerful immortal is on the loose and she's having some boyfriend issues. Again. But is there something bigger at work? Z, might not have long to find out. Light and Darkness are out of balance, awakening Old Magick.. and Old Magick always demands a sacrifice.

My review:

I really enjoyed the House of Night series though I heard mixed reviews about this series. I'm glad  that I've reached the 11th book (because I knew some people gave up on this) and I've waited each year for the next one to be released. 

Revealed gives a flashback to Neferet's life before she became an evil immortal vampyre. I think I should read Neferet's Curse (House of Night Novella #3) to get to know more about her. I considered her as one of the vilest villains of all time. Broken and abused by her father when she was still human, then marked and turned into a vampyre changed her life. She may be gifted, but her soul was filled with anger which made her an evil vampyre. She desires power  and revenge not just for Zoey and her friends, and as well as to humans.

 Among the series, I would say this is the most gory / brutal one, especially to what happened on the last chapter in Neferet's POV. It's creepy. 

Though I enjoyed this, I was a little frustrated with Zoey. She becomes a reckless, irresponsible, narrow-minded High Priestess this time. Plus the boyfriend issue. Jeez! CAN SHE JUST CHOOSE ONE GUY?! Her feelings were pretty messy and it's annoying me when she is having second thoughts. This lady needs to concentrate and this Old Magick is getting worse. 

I'm definitely Team Stark here!  

Honestly, I'm loving Aphrodite. Her sarcasm and straight-forward attitude made me love her even more and she's funny! She takes away all my frustrations from Z. I also love Stevie Rae-Rephaim moments. I need more of them. :)

I can't wait for the final book and sad to say, we have to wait.

1 comment:

  1. Hi there, I just love the P.C. Cast series, I'm following thru from Parajunkie's FF, and now following you via GFC, G+ & Twitter. You can find my blog at Kismet Book Reviews & Tours
    Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete