Saturday, February 1, 2014

Fallen by Lauren Kate

Pages: 452
Goodreads rating: 3.75/ 5 stars
My rating: 2/5 stars
Genre: Young Adult, Fantasy, Paranormal Romance

Summary: (Goodreads)

There’s something achingly familiar about Daniel Grigori.


Mysterious and aloof, he captures Luce Price’s attention from the moment she sees him on her first day at the Sword & Cross boarding school in sultry Savannah. He’s the one bright spot in a place where cell phones are forbidden, the other students are all screw-ups, and security cameras watch every move.


Even Daniel wants nothing to do with Luce – he goes out of his way to make that very clear. But she can’t let it go. Drawn to him like a moth to a flame, Luce has to find out what Daniel is so desperate to keep secret...even if it kills her.


My review:

Originally posted on my Goodreads.

I do have a weak spot for fallen angels because they're one of my favorite fictional creatures/characters and of course for bad boys.

This review might contain spoilers.

As much as I wanted to like this book, it was not enough to impressed me. It started really DULL. It's boring and I find it hard to get into the story which made me a slow reader or simply put me in a READING SLUMP. The story itself was okay, however some parts are confusing. There's no elaboration to the shadowy-thing Luce had been seeing throughout her entire living years. I mean, c'mon?! this book is thick and there's just no tiny explanation to it at some point? :\ sorry for the rant but I cannot see any twist on this. It was like Luce was reborn, then die. The cycle repeats. I just don't get it. Sorry.

The first half of this book tested my patience. Luce was whiny, clingy and it's frustrating. I hated Daniel Grigori......at first. He's a jerk in the beginning then he became this romantic-hot-fallen-angel. (Like I said, WEAK SPOT FOR FALLEN ANGELS/BAD BOYS and I just can't help it.) The cover for this book was attractive and it indeed caught my attention.

I am giving this series a chance. I really hope there's an improvement and somehow filled the missing details. We'll see on the next book. :)


3 comments:

  1. Hi Beatrice!

    I came across your blog through the Crazy for NA Books group and figured to stop by and say hello!

    I felt the SAME way about the beginning of this book-- the only difference is you had more patience and actually finished it! I was really excited after ready the book blurb. But when I started reading the book, it was SO boring! The beginning should pull a reader into the story. Unfortunately, this didn't happen and I ended up putting it down and started reading something else. So I am glad to know that I am not the only one who had a tough time with this book!

    Great review! Feel free to stop by my blog sometime and say hello. Oh, and I am now following your blog :)

    Best Wishes,
    Mia @ The Muses Circle

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember reading this and not loving it all that much. Like you, I was really bored in the beginning and wasn't really loving the characters all that much either. I did get to the end and thought it was an okay book but it didn't make me want to continue the series. Thanks for the great review :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know how I even manage to finish this. It takes a lot of patience.. Luce kinda annoyed me.
      Thank you too for reading my review. :)

      Delete