Thursday, March 13, 2014

Ignite Me by Tahereh Mafi

Pages: 416
Goodreads Rating: 4.51/ 5 stars
My rating: 5/5 stars
Genre: Young Adult, Dystopia, Fantasy


Summary: (Goodreads)

The heart-stopping conclusion to the New York Times bestselling Shatter Me series, which Ransom Riggs, bestselling author of Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children, called “a thrilling, high-stakes saga of self-discovery and forbidden love.”




With Omega Point destroyed, Juliette doesn’t know if the rebels, her friends, or even Adam are alive. But that won’t keep her from trying to take down The Reestablishment once and for all. Now she must rely on Warner, the handsome commander of Sector 45. The one person she never thought she could trust. The same person who saved her life. He promises to help Juliette master her powers and save their dying world . . . but that’s not all he wants with her.


My review:

I finally found a dystopian novel with a satisfying ending.

FINALLY!! JUST A PERFECT ENDING IN A TRILOGY!

Every page of this book was so worth it that I marked post-its on my favorite parts (Which I have never done before.) There are character improvements, exciting twists, humor and the romance. OH MY GOD. the romance! Five stars is not enough for this book. Actually, IT BROKE THE DAMN SCALE. I, we have been IGNITED . Oh my goodness! this is a JAW DROPPING, HEART STOPPING CONCLUSION . Everything just feels. I think I have another book-hangover just like what Unravel Me did and my high expectation for this book exceeded again.

Juliette Ferrars had a huge improvement character improvement. She's braver, less vulnerable and literally broke out of her shell. Warner's motivation did helped her a lot. She started believing herself which made her more powerful than ever.

Kenji's sense of humor just... uggh! I love this guy! He's really a cool and funny guy. Thank you for making me laugh throughout this book. It keeps my stress away

I was utterly disappointed with Adam. I expect more improvement on him but ended up for being such a jerk to Juliette. His anger and accusation on Juliette turned me off and that frustrated me. A LOT.
As much as I wanted him to end up with Juliette, he was definitely a let down on this book and I think he holds too much grudge in his life.

Okay.
Here it goes.

"Ignite, my love. Ignite"


Warner. Aaron Warner Anderson. OMFG!
I feel so giddy right now and I don't know how will I review this book. I hope you don't mind I'm gushing, blabbering or whatever. I FEEL SO HAPPY RIGHT NOW. I've never been this happy whenever a dystopian trilogy ends. I am definitely going for TEAM WARNER this time. HANDS DOWN. This guy who we thought a villain was kind, gentle and compassionate. You'll be in love with him in this book. Guaranteed.

CHAPTERS 55 & 56 DEFINITELY BEAT CHAPTER 62 OF Unravel Me (you know what I mean. hahaha!)and I hope there's a novella of what will happen on Kenji and Adam. I am still curious and hoping there will be a final novella.

I will definitely miss this trilogy. One day, I will re-read this trilogy. Tahereh Mafi, you are AMAZING! I will be looking forward on your books in the future and see you again on April 26th to get this book signed. :)

5 comments:

  1. I want to read this series so bad!!! Awesome review, I'm happy to know that the books stay fabulous the whole way through the series. I know what you mean by enjoying a character that can make you laugh. I love it when a book makes me lol. Thanks for sharing Beatrice ✳
    http://moniquesmobooks.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  2. Unfortunately, this one didn't WOW me. As much as I wanted to love it, I just couldn't bring myself to. You can check out my review here. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just read and reviewed Ignite Me as well and I also had quite of a book hangover afterwards, because this book was really addictive. Wait, you initially wanted Juliette to end up with Adam? How could you? :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do ship Adam on the first book and Warner just creep me out on his brutality. After reading "Destroy Me" I was confused especially on Unravel Me. I'm still Team Adam until Fracture Me, which really ruined his image.

      Delete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete