Sunday, March 9, 2014

The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin

Pages: 452
Goodreads rating: 4.12/5 stars
My rating: 5/5 stars
Genre: Young Adult, Mystery, Thriller, Paranormal

Summary: (Goodreads)
Mara Dyer does
n’t think life can get any stranger than waking up in a hospital with no memory of how she got there.

It can.

She believes there must be more to the accident she can’t remember that killed her friends and left her mysteriously unharmed.

There is.

She doesn’t believe that after everything she’s been through, she can fall in love.

She’s wrong.


My review:

I was not in the mood for mystery novels last year, so I decided to pick this up again for my second attempt and I'm glad I made the right decision to not give up on this.

The story was totally unpredictable and creepy. I don't really read psychological thrillers (actually this is my first time to read) but after reading this, I think it's good to explore more on this genre. Usually I made wild guesses on mystery novels but this time, I let myself go with the flow and be surprised with its twist.

I love Mara Dyer for the way she talks. She's really tough despite she lost her friends and blames herself for their deaths. A lady who doesn't give up easily just to make things right. I also love Noah Shaw, but where do I start? I love him to bits! He's really sweet, adorable, hot, and so honest. He just talks straight-to-the-point. I also love him for being protective to his lady. Who wouldn't love that guy?

Lastly,
THAT ENDING.
THAT ENDING.
THAT ENDING.

Gosh.... I NEED THE SECOND BOOK. ASAP! WHAT A CLIFFHANGER?!
I can't wait to find out more about Mara and Noah!

4 comments:

  1. I am starting to love psychological thrillers too, so I'll definitely check this out! Thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great review! I looked at this book at the bookstore the other day, really wish I picked it up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Patty! It's a bit a confusing start with a surprising ending. Didn't expect I would like this because I was about to give up reading it.

      Delete