Friday, March 7, 2014

Unteachable by Leah Raeder

Pages: 356
Goodreads rating: 3.99 / 5 stars
My rating: 4 / 5 stars
Genre: New Adult, Contemporary Romance

Summary: (Goodreads)
I met him at a carnival, of all corny places. The summer I turned eighteen, in that chaos of neon lights and cheap thrills, I met a man so sweet, so beautiful, he seemed to come from another world. We had one night: intense, scary, real. Then I ran, like I always do. Because I didn’t want to be abandoned again.

But I couldn’t run far enough.

I knew him as Evan that night. When I walked into his classroom, he became Mr. Wilke.

My teacher.

I don’t know if what we’re doing is wrong. The rules say one thing; my heart says screw the rules. I can’t let him lose his job. And I can’t lose him.

In the movies, this would have a happy ending. I grow up. I love, I lose, I learn. And I move on. But this is life, and there’s no script. You make it up as you go along.

And you don’t pray for a happy ending. You pray for it to never end.


My review:

First and foremost, I would like to thank Ms. Leah Raeder for a signed copy of this book and I would like to praise her for how beautifully she wrote this book. It's definitely worth reading this.

Unteachable is a  teacher-student romance story with an intense twist. It might took me a while to read this but it doesn't mean that I got bored on the story.

Seriously, I love everything about it. Though sometimes Maise O'Malley gets on my nerves for being so whiny. She's a girl who lived in a miserable family where she's looking for a parent image. It makes my heart wrenched that someone like her have to endure all these pain at a very young age. She just didn't deserve a drunk mother. Despite of that, she is the strongest character in this book. Her angst and passion prevails in her which made me love her and I want to give her a virtual-book hug to her.

As for Evan Wilke, he defined HOTNESS in this book. I mean, I find his personality hot. (Okay... added with his GOOD LOOKS.) He is very compassionate and just sweet. Gosh. I love this guy. Nothing gets in his way when he found Maise. He will do everything to make her happy and love her with all his heart. I can't help this giddy feeling!

“You can call it love or you can call it freefall. They’re pretty much the same thing”

- Probably the best quote that describes to what I feel about this book. I fell in love with the characters and how it was written... Everything!

The last part of this book made me say:
"YES! HELL DAMN YES!"

You know that feeling when you thought it's a bad ending and surprised that it wasn't? I love that kind of twist that will make you dance from happiness. Seriously, it was a <i>freefall</i> ending.

and as I am browsing... I saw this poem entitled  which reminded me of this book.

Definitely recommended if you love reading New Adult books. Kudos to Leah Raeder!

2 comments:

  1. I love the sound of this and you have definitely convinced me to give this one a go!!! :) Great review.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Hope you will like this. :)

      Delete