Tuesday, June 3, 2014

City of Lost Souls by Cassandra Clare

Pages : 535
Goodreads rating: 4.32 / 5 stars
My rating: 5/5 stars
Genre: Young Adult, Urban Fantasy, Paranormal

Summary: (Goodreads)


What price is too high to pay, even for love? When Jace and Clary meet again, Clary is horrified to discover that the demon Lilith’s magic has bound her beloved Jace together with her evil brother Sebastian, and that Jace has become a servant of evil. The Clave is out to destroy Sebastian, but there is no way to harm one boy without destroying the other. As Alec, Magnus, Simon, and Isabelle wheedle and bargain with Seelies, demons, and the merciless Iron Sisters to try to save Jace, Clary plays a dangerous game of her own. The price of losing is not just her own life, but Jace’s soul. She’s willing to do anything for Jace, but can she still trust him? Or is he truly lost?


My review:

I purposely read this after City of Heavenly Fire  was released because I know this is going to be cliffhanger and waiting for the sequel was an AGONY. Some of you guys are already reading or finished with City of Heavenly Fire, and I'm trying to avoid SPOILERS (good thing I wasn't spoiled....YET.Thank goodness!) around here.  

I absolutely love this better than City of Fallen Angels. I love the plot twists and the story gets more complicated with a new villain and there are character improvements. As always, Clary is still reckless but less whiny. Her unconditional love for Jace was just admiring. No one ever gets in her way even it's dangerous to save her Jace. I love her for that. I miss Jace's sarcasm and I find him hotter in this book(You know what I mean).I.LOVE.THIS.GUY. Plus I ship Simon and Isabelle. I'm definitely looking forward what will happen on these two and they need to confess on each other's feelings! Damn it!!!

SPOILER ALERT:
I am not really a fan of gay romance, BUT Alec and Magnus are in exception. At the end of the book, their relationship goes into rocks. Seriously, Alec. You may be mortal and Magnus wasn't JUST ENJOY BEING WITH HIM. He loves you to bits. uggh! Stupid love 

Lastly, Sebastian. What a freaking bastard. I was almost... ALMOST convinced he has a good purpose, as it turns out... he wasn't. That bastard needs to die. ASAP. Go to inferno. 

This book was impressive and a page turner. It's a series worth reading for. If you haven't read this series or you've just started it, I suggest you read The Infernal Devices first before reading CoLS. I think I was spoiled because: Will Herondale died? Oh hell. I think this is a SPOILER. I can't wait to grab a copy of CoHF! <3 

Posted as well on Goodreads

2 comments:

  1. I... do not ship Malec at all. D: I love Magnus, but Alec is really whiny and he's getting on my nerves. Totally ship Simon and Izzy, though! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree with you about Alec.
      What do you think about Maia and Jordan's story?

      Delete