Monday, June 23, 2014

Just One Day by Gayle Forman

Pages: 400
Goodreads rating: 4.08/ 5 stars
My rating: 3 / 5 stars
Genre: Young Adult, Contemporary Romance


Summary: (Goodreads)

Allyson Healey's life is exactly like her suitcase—packed, planned, ordered. Then on the last day of her three-week post-graduation European tour, she meets Willem. A free-spirited, roving actor, Willem is everything she’s not, and when he invites her to abandon her plans and come to Paris with him, Allyson says yes. This uncharacteristic decision leads to a day of risk and romance, liberation and intimacy: 24 hours that will transform Allyson’s life.


A book about love, heartbreak, travel, identity, and the “accidents” of fate, Just One Day shows us how sometimes in order to get found, you first have to get lost. . . and how often the people we are seeking are much closer than we know.

My review:

It took me a while on what will I rate this book. I did enjoy this book but the story was really slow for me. I enjoyed the first part and the adventures that the main character had on different places. I like how Paris was being described, imagining the place was really romantic and brought out the excitement. To be honest I wasn't really interested on some parts of the story and there's lack of conversation. I am a bit annoyed with the characters. There are parts that made me bored. 


I love Gayle Forman but I didn't enjoy this as much as I wanted to. It's still a thumbs up for me and I am looking forward for the sequel. Looking forward on Willem's POV.

1 comment:

  1. I actually enjoyed this book! I think it really depends on the reader. It can be boring, but I was entertained.
    - Sporadic Reads

    ReplyDelete