Sunday, June 29, 2014

Lola and the Boy Next Door by Stephanie Perkins

Pages: 338
Goodreads rating: 3.99/ 5 stars
My rating: 5/5 stars
Genre: Young Adult, Contemporary Romance


Summary (Goodreads):
Lola Nolan is a budding costume designer, and for her, the more outrageous, sparkly, and fun the outfit, the better. And everything is pretty perfect in her life (right down to her hot rocker boyfriend) until the Bell twins, Calliope and Cricket, return to the negihborhood. When Cricket, a gifted inventor, steps out from his twin sister's shadow and back into Lola's life, she must finally reconcile a lifetime of feelings for the boy next door.

My Review:

“And if I'm the stars, Cricket Bell is entire galaxies.” 

Oh my goodness.
This is so FREAKING GOOD and I MEAN IT!
I can't help gushing and squealing from happiness.
I was entertained with the characters and the love story itself. It's light and an easy read. It's a perfect summer read!

I really admire Lola Nolan. Her unique sens
e of style stood out the most as she carries herself though others think she's crazy. She reminds me of Lady Gaga. She's one character who's never afraid to show herself.

Cricket Bell, a nerd, laid-back guy, the boy next door. Sheesh! I.LOVE.HIM! He may not be cocky like Etienne St. Clair, but he's one sweet guy. 

PS.

It's nice to see Anna and Etienne in this novel. I miss them! Etienne is still funny and cocky, as always. He also made me smile like crazy.

Right in time to finish this. I can't wait to see Stephanie Perkins next week! #StephaniePerkinsinPH ---> YAY! 

6 comments:

  1. I love Etienne but I also like Cricket A LOT. I'm super excited to see Stephanie Perkins this Sunday. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love them both! They're so adorable. :) Yay! I'm going this Sunday too.

      Delete
  2. Great! See you there. I'm pretty sure the place will be packed but I will be on Twitter so we can tweet each other. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You guys are so lucky to be able to see Stephanie!

    I think I prefer Cricket over Etienne, because he’s just such a genuinely nice person. I’m definitely going to reread Anna & Lola before Isla comes out. Absolutely cannot wait!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi! I've nominated you for the Liebster Award! See my post here - http://blueeyebooks.blogspot.com/2014/06/liebster-award.html

    ~Laura

    ReplyDelete
  5. CRICKET'S SO ADORABLE! So glad you enjoyed this one. :D I still loved Anna and the French Kiss more, but this one still gave me satisfaction. :)

    Aimee @ Deadly Darlings

    ReplyDelete