Monday, June 16, 2014

Movie Review: The Fault in Our Stars

The most awaited movie based John Green's novel, The Fault in Our Stars trends all over the world, touching people's hearts and probably one of the most emotional movies ever seen on the big screen.
Readers have good impressions that this would be included on their Best Book to Movie Adaptation of All Time list and for sure brought a box of tissues just in case they weep.

I've watched this last Saturday, June 7,2014 with my book girlfriends and we bought tissues. We were so excited to see this movie. Though I knew how it is going to end, it didn't stop me to see the movie especially with Shailene Woodley and Ansel Elgort as they played the main characters Hazel Grace Lancaster and Augustus Waters. Also, they were well known as Tris Prior and Caleb Prior who were siblings in Divergent.

At first, I find the casting a bit awkward. I mean they were siblings in Divergent and now they were lovers in TFIOS? Okay. Okay? (just being honest, but I let it pass by) We'll just see. I still remember the release of the first movie trailer and it gave me tears. They were impressive. When I saw the movie..... my face was rained with tears. Just like I was reading the book, it was heartbreaking. Ansel and Shailene were just perfect as Augustus and Hazel. They projected well! I couldn't get over it! I consumed a half package of tissue paper. The cinematography was amazing. I love the pop-out thing when they were texting. (If you know what I mean?) Oh I just love everything. I have to sit for 10 minutes (we finished the credits and listen to All of the Stars by Ed Sheeran) to recover from tears.

I love Augustus Waters.
I love Hazel Grace Lancaster.
I love Isaac.
I love John Green.
I love the cast and the movie crew of TFIOS.

Here are some of my favorite scenes. If you haven't watched the movie. Scroll down and skip this.





Lastly, the most heartbreaking part:



Hands down. 10/10 stars on IMDB!
Images taken from: Pinterest




6 comments:

  1. I AGREE! OHMIGAHD, IT WAS ONE OF THE BEST MOVIES OF ALL TIME! Even if my parents disagrees (they really don't get it), I do believe that the film would be my favorite for the whole year :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES! My dad disagrees with this movie too. uggh!

      Delete
  2. NO STOP IT THE FEELS ARE STILL RAW, BEA! WHY DID YOU INCLUDE THOSE PHOTOS? D: Hahaha, I loved Shailene and especially Ansel. Isaac was soooo good too. I found it so hard to breathe while watching this because of the tears. ;P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HAHAHA! The feels are just unforgettable. haha! I've never cried so hard. Thanks to this movie. :D

      Delete
  3. I want to see this movie soooo bad!!

    ReplyDelete