Wednesday, July 2, 2014

To All the Boys I've Loved Before by Jenny Han

Pages: 368
Goodreads rating: 4.09/ 5stars
My rating: 5/5 stars
Genre: Young Adult, Contemporary Romance

Summary (Goodreads):


What if all the crushes you ever had found out how you felt about them... all at once?

Lara Jean Song keeps her love letters in a hatbox her mother gave her. They aren't love letters that anyone else wrote for her; these are ones she's written. One for every boy she's ever loved—five in all. When she writes, she pours out her heart and soul and says all the things she would never say in real life, because her letters are for her eyes only. Until the day her secret letters are mailed, and suddenly, Lara Jean's love life goes from imaginary to out of control.


My Review: 


Sweet, Adorable & Quirky.

The first time I saw the cover of the title and the cover, I knew I'm going to love it. It was pretty catchy, and the summary made me even more curious.

Having a crush on someone was one of the best moments in our teenage life, maybe until now we still have crushes. They gave us butterflies in our tummies, made our breaths stopped for a moment, flushed cheeks etc.. but what happens when they knew what you are feeling about them? 

There is no use of asking what ifs. No one could give you the answers 

Lara Jean Song wrote letters as a way of venting out feelings to the boys she loved. All her secret feelings were kept in a hat box. One day, those letters were accidentally sent to the 5 boys she'd loved. No one knows how will they react and she just have to face it.

I love the story. It was light and cute, I love the characters particularly the Song sisters. They may have different personalities but their relationship was strong and I just admire how they worked together. It makes me want to have a sister!

This book definitely made me giggle, smile and fangirl. I LOVE PETER KAVINSKY!I know there were times he was sweet then becomes a jerk (he seriously need to get away from Gen. That Barracuda. hahaha! Chris' description) but I'm hoping he'll improve on the next book. *fangirling* Sorry, I can't help it he's adorable. I still love Josh, but he's for Margot. I hate that it's a cliffhanger, on the brighter side of it.. Good things come to those who wait. (It's an agony to wait for the sequel to be released. We got no choice but to wait)

Is it just me that I have mixed feelings towards Chris?

Anyways, Jenny Han's writing style was pretty impressive. Definitely a thumbs up! I highly recommend this book if you love contemporary romance. :)

4 comments:

  1. So glad you enjoyed this one, Beatrice! The story was definitely cute and quirky. An easy, quick read for me, too! :)

    Aimee @ Deadly Darlings

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've had hesitations with this one because I didn't like the Summer trilogy as much I wanted to. But I've read great reviews so I'm picking it up soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It seems like Han did make a really cutesy story. When I am back to reading adorable ones, I'd check this out.

    ~ Dre @ Sporadic Reads

    ReplyDelete