Sunday, August 10, 2014

Champion by Marie Lu

Pages: 369
Goodreads rating: 4.41/ 5 stars
My rating: 5/5 Stars
Genre: Young Adult, Dystopia

Summary (goodreads):

He is a Legend.


She is a Prodigy.

Who will be Champion? 



June and Day have sacrificed so much for the people of the Republic—and each other—and now their country is on the brink of a new existence. June is back in the good graces of the Republic, working within the government’s elite circles as Princeps-Elect, while Day has been assigned a high-level military position. 


But neither could have predicted the circumstances that will reunite them: just when a peace treaty is imminent, a plague outbreak causes panic in the Colonies, and war threatens the Republic’s border cities. This new strain of plague is deadlier than ever, and June is the only one who knows the key to her country’s defense. But saving the lives of thousands will mean asking the one she loves to give up everything.

My Review:

What a conclusion. 
Oh my goodness gracious.

CHAMPION NAILED IT. 

I am beyond speechless. I don't know how will I gather all my thoughts after all this emotional roller coaster. I swear there are tears in my eyes. This is definitely one of the best dystopian novels ever written. EVER. I am going to miss June and Day so much. They are truly an unforgettable kick-ass protagonists. The story is consistent, unpredictable and its twist keeps getting better. It's one trilogy that will keep you awake at night because of its heart-pounding-adrenaline-rush action scenes and romance. 

A part of me still remains broken and satisfied at the same time. It's very hard to let go these two. My lovely Day and Junebug. Everything about them is just heart-achingly beautiful. Do they have a final novella? geez. I'm still curious about them. I'm looking forward for more of Marie Lu's future novels. She is a fantastic writer. Kudos to the Legend trilogy!

8 comments:

  1. Loved this trilogy! And the ending was so great. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't read this trilogy yet but it's on my to-read list. A friend of mine told me it's a book that made her cry so I'm saving it til later :)

    Aneca @ The Rhapsodic Curiosities
    The Daydreamer Reader @ The Bookwhore Diaries

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. THAT ENDING THOUGH! Marie Lu is a genius! Great post :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great review! I'll definitely have to check out this trilogy. Also, I tagged you for the Seven Deadly Sins Tag. Here's a link to my post:

    http://4evercrazyforya.blogspot.com/2014/09/the-seven-deadly-sins-tag.html

    By the way, I love your blog! Have fun!
    Cassia

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have yet to read this book, but I've read the first two books and I loved them! I'm so excited to read this one!
    Lovely review :D

    ~Carina @http://myaddictionbooks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete