Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Delirium (pilot episode) Review

Delirium trilogy by Lauren Oliver is one of my favorite trilogies. A society where love is considered as a disease. The only way to prevent it is to get a cure from it to prevent from being infected. I am excited to see its pilot episode since I was curious why it has been cancelled for a TV Show. 



 My review:

I didn't like it. I'm disappointed how it turned out since it has a great potential to become a movie instead of a TV show since the book series wasn't that long.  I am going to SPOIL you guys because there are changes in this pilot episode. Julian Fineman appears too early and his love interest (I'm guessing) is Hana (Lena's best friend) seems interesting but yeah, just to make the story longer I guess. 

The first half of the pilot episode was alright and I got bored at the last half of it. I was surprised of how it lacked conversations, since in the book they were a lot of it. Details and all that, they missed it. ugghh. Sorry for my book OCD. I know sometimes changes are important to make the scenes better but it just bothered me particularly the first time Lena met Alex. blah blah blah.

Overall, everything was RUSHED. It was a combination of Delirium and Pandemonium. Seriously. It will be over really fast. MOVIE > TV SHOW. Nuff said.

7 comments:

  1. This is why I prefer watching movies before reading the book, to save myself from disappointment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was really disappointed with the pilot, I totally understand why the studios didn't pick it up. It's just so boring. The actors didn't have chemistry with each other. AT ALL. And so dark. Why is it so dark? I hardly see anything!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True! They just compressed one book to one episode. just uggh!

      Delete
  3. Aww.. this is disappointing. Maybe it's the reason why it is cancelled for a tv show. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I didn't mind it, but I've never read the book sooo.......it's one of those I-just-never-get-around-to-it books XD Is Delirium good?
    –B

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Delirium trilogy is good. It wasn't really an action packed one, it's more serious than any other dystopia novels.

      Delete
  5. I knew this was a bad idea when I saw that Emma Roberts was playing Lena. To know that they messed the plot up so much is pretty upsetting, but no surprise. Oh well, perhaps we'd have had better luck with a movie.

    Beautiful blog!

    http://www.spacebetweenthespines.com

    ReplyDelete