Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Prodigy by Marie Lu

Pages: 371
Goodreads rating: 4.31/ 5 stars
My rating: 5/5 stars
Genre: Young Adult, Dystopia 

Summary (goodreads):

Injured and on the run, it has been seven days since June and Day barely escaped Los Angeles and the Republic with their lives. Day is believed dead having lost his own brother to an execution squad who thought they were assassinating him. June is now the Republic's most wanted traitor. Desperate for help, they turn to the Patriots - a vigilante rebel group sworn to bring down the Republic. But can they trust them or have they unwittingly become pawns in the most terrifying of political games?

My review:

Wow.
what an EPIC sequel! 

I purposely took my time on reading this because I don't have a the final book yet and it was a HUGE cliffhanger. I don't know what I feel right now after all these action-packed scenes and revelations about the Republic. Overwhelming, but amazing. Everything was good but that ENDING just made me want to get CHAMPION. RIGHT.NOW (*waves an imaginary wand * Accio Champion!) It made me cry, telling myself it was a joke and it was a mistake. that ending DAMN HURTS.  Oh my goodness!!! 

I would never get tired of loving Day and June. Best kickass couple ever! I love its unpredictable twist, romance and characters. Marie Lu's writing style was amazing and addictive. Definitely one of the best dystopia trilogies ever written. I'm excited and nervous on the final book. I hope it's worth it. Don't spoil me though. haha

1 comment:

  1. Hello, I've nominated you for a Liebster Award!
    http://theperksofbeingabookwormx.blogspot.co.uk/2014/08/liebster-award_25.html

    ReplyDelete