Thursday, October 23, 2014

Elite (Eagle Elite #1) by Rachel Van Dyken

Pages: 288
Goodreads rating: 4.20/ 5 stars
My Rating: 4 / 5 stars
Genre: New Adult, Contemporary Romance

Summary:


For Tracey Rooks, life with her grandparents on a Wyoming farm has always been simple. But after her grandmother's death, Tracey is all her grandfather has. So when Eagle Elite University announces its annual scholarship lottery, Tracey jumps at the opportunity to secure their future and enters. She isn't expecting much-but then she wins. And life as she knows it will never be same . . .

The students at Eagle Elite are unlike any she's ever met . . . and they refuse to make things easy for her. There's Nixon, gorgeous, irresistible, and leader of a group that everyone fears: The Elect. Their rules are simple. 1. Do not touch The Elect. 2. Do not look at The Elect. 3. Do not speak to The Elect. No matter how hard she tries to stay away, The Elect are always around her and it isn't long until she finds out the reason why they keep their friends close and their enemies even closer. She just didn't realize she was the enemy -- until it was too late. 


My Review:


ARC provided NetGalley in in exchange for an honest review. 

One thing is for sure, I am going to read the rest of the series. Rachel Van Dyken’s writing style is indeed enjoyable. I like the story, plot and its setting. I’m instantly hooked with it and I can’t stop reading. The characters in this novel are pretty interesting because of the love triangle. 

I definitely love Tracey’s character because she’s simple, funny and down to earth but vulnerable. I like how she stood up for herself despite of being bullied. As for her love interests, she’s torn between Nixon and Chase. These two guys in Tracey’s life are rich, attractive and dangerous. I’m not going to elaborate further about these guys because I don’t want to give a spoiler. Let’s just say Nixon is more of a bad boy but sweet in some ways while Chase is one nice guy. ;)
Overall, this book is great and will make you crave for more.

1 comment:

  1. I liked the book, but I felt like nothing is new in it.Well, the mafia concept was different, but all the others felt stereotypical.
    Loved the romance though:)

    Mishma @ As the page turns

    ReplyDelete