Saturday, November 29, 2014

Book Signing: #MarieLuinPH

Night before the book signing, I can't sleep because of excitement. I've been waiting for Marie Lu's book signing since the news came out. Legend trilogy is definitely one of the best dystopia trilogies I've ever read and praises to Ms. Lu's writing style and creativity. I know I should not miss this day.

November 23,2014 - Sunday. Waking up early and arriving at Glorietta around 8 am, I am shocked how long the line is. I have to go around 2 corners of Glorietta to fall in line. IT WAS REALLY A LONG LINE. After the registration, with my BookGfs, Rhyzza and Jane, and I decided to watch Mockingjay part 1 while waiting. (I'll write my movie reaction soon, together with the If I Stay).  

The event was overwhelming and filled with screams of joy when Marie Lu appeared. I tried taking pictures of her, but the crowd was really crazy and wild.. (If I just have a ladder, I swear I'll use it. Just to capture a clear picture of Marie Lu.)She is one of the loveliest authors I've met and she is pretty cool! With tattoos, the way she answered questions, talking about her books, Legend being a film soon, sequel to The Young Elites etc. It was exhausting, but definitely worth it. Meeting up with the Book Girlfriends PH, Instagrammers, Book Bloggers, Goodreads friends. Some I missed but for sure I'll see them in the future book signing events.

This is the clearest picture I have because the crowd just went wild and everybody stood up from their seats. I can't blame them though. Peace peeps! No pun intended.

Marie Lu, signing my book.

 
-The day wouldn't be complete without a picture with Marie Lu.-


- Here is my signed Legend trilogy - 

 Such an awesome day! There are more to come in the future. Thank you so much Marie Lu for signing my books and to National Bookstore for bringing authors here in the Philippines. It was a book-signing-hangover.

“Each day means a new twenty-four hours. Each day means everything's possible again. You live in the moment, you die in the moment, you take it all one day at a time.” 
- Daniel 'Day' Altan Wing, Legend

1 comment:

  1. Oooh~ watching Mockingjay part 1 was a great idea to pass the time. I was there too! And well, all me and my friends did while waiting was read and play book games, haha. The waiting and long line was definitely worth it though, after finally meeting Marie :)
    This book signing was definitely one of the craziest I've been to XD me and my friends arrived at 4:30 but already we were so far from NBS' doors, huhu.

    - The Reading Izzy

    ReplyDelete