Thursday, November 27, 2014

Ruin by Rachel Van Dyken

Pages: 250
Goodreads rating: 4.26 / 5 stars
My Rating: 5 /5 Stars
Genre: New Adult, Contemporary Romance

Summary (Goodreads):



I'm not your typical girl. I've been running away from the memories that haunt me for so long that depression has become my only comfort. I was content in the darkness...until Wes Michals offered to be my light.

I didn't know that time wasn't my ally -- that every second that ticked past was one step closer to the end of something that was beginning to mean the end of myself. He tried to warn me. He promised me all he was able to offer--each moment as it came--but it would never be enough.

Sometimes when you think it's the end, it's only the beginning. Wes thought he could save me, but in giving me everything, he ruined me. Because after one kiss, one touch, I couldn't--I wouldn't ever be the same.

And from that moment on, his heartbeat became my own.

My Review:

I had a Rachel Van Dyken readathon by reading Eagle Elite series. Once I'm done and had a book-hangover, I want to read another book of hers and decided to try this one. 

Best. Decision. Ever. 

Wes Michels is definitely a swoon-worthy guy. This book is emotional, romantic, and sweet. I am carried away with the story and I'm just in awe. It's hard to control the tears as I've read this book and I stayed up late at night because I'm hooked with the story. We all have low points in life and on the verge of giving up. Just like Wes, he struggled and almost lose the battle of his life. Through love, it strengthens him and determined to fight his illness.

Amazing bookndeed. I am so glad I've read this


1 comment:

  1. Glad you enjoyed it!!! I loved this one as well!!

    Sofia @ SofiaLovesReading

    ReplyDelete