Thursday, February 19, 2015

Fifty Shades of Grey Movie: My Verdict

My simple note to those who will read my verdict:

These are honest thoughts about the movie. I don't have any intention to offend anyone, whether you are a fan of Fifty Shades of Grey or not. We are all entitled to express freely, whether it's a positive or a negative feedback. I respect whatever opinions you have as long as you respect mine. Let's be open to different opinions. We all have different tastes and we can't please everyone. 

Thank you.

Going back on my review, I watched Fifty Shades of Grey last February 11, 2015 (Philippine Premiere) with my Book Girlfriends. Sold Out on the first day of showing. Just wow. :D To be honest, I'm not really a fan of the first book. I prefer Fifty Shades Darker but I am so curious how the movie will turn out. I'm excited because of Jamie Dornan and Dakota Johnson. It's very challenging for both of them because of the story and of course, the sex scenes (BDSM). No pictures will be posted because it's R-18 and some of you are under age. (Just to keep it safe) 

My rating: 6/10

I find it okay. Some scenes are similar to Twilight (because it's a Twilight fanfic. Understandable), I swear I thought Christian Grey will say "So the lion fell in love with the lamb." on the meadow scene and Anastasia Steele will reply "Stupid lamb." Throughout the movie, I just can't stop smiling or laughing at some scenes. 

Characters: I think Dakota Johnson did an awesome portrayal of Anastasia Steele. She is exactly how I imagined Anastasia. She got that innocent look and she is so hilarious! Damn. My jaw hurts on the drunk scene. I just laughed out loud. I am so happy that in the movie, there is no fucking-annoying-Inner-Goddess! YAAAAAS! As for Jamie Dornan a.k.a Christian Grey, at first I'm not sure if he is perfect for the role because I don't really see him as CG but... he is HOT and he got CG's emotionless look plus the ACCENT.(Guys with accent. Holy smokes. F*ck. Fans self. Excuse my words.)  Seriously, he did great but he is not as aggressive as Christian Grey (book version). I wish on Fifty Shades Darker, it's focused on Christian Grey. (More Jamie Dornan exposrure) I'm satisfied with the acting. I'm so good with DJ, JD needs a little more. Just a tiny bit. 

Are they naked?

HELL YES. Enough said.


Scenes: Only selected scenes are included. The highlights are there. The Glider and The Helicopter are my favorites. I kinda hate the blurred or blackened parts. What's the R-18 for?! Pretty much likely, the rating is fucking useless. (The title should be Fifty Shades of Blur/Black) From what I've heard, it's ONLY IN THE PHILIPPINES. Oh well, what can I do about that? hahaha!! Not that I'm complaining or you think I'm some perverted woman. I just know what to expect.

There are parts that made me laugh.
There are parts that made me smile.
There are parts that made me yawn.

Good thing I didn't fell asleep.

The RRoP (Red Room of Pain). I was like.... "Oh... so that's what it looks like. What the eff."

Chemistry? Yep. 

More Anastasia Steele. Less Christian Grey. Why? haha

Oh well. I just enjoyed The Glider and The Helicopter. 

What I really like the most?

Soundtrack. I just love the songs. It's really catchy. Here are my favorites

Love Me Like You Do by Ellie Goulding - I just can't get this song out of my head. It's on REPEAT. I have an eargasm.

Haunted by Beyonce - "I know if I'm haunting you, you must be haunting me." (Dark, seductive.. Another eargasm)

I Know You by Skylar Grey - I love love love this. There is something about this song that just makes my heart flutter.

Yes. That ends my review. Some people think this advocates ABUSE/RAPE. Maybe some people think of it as a YES because of the BDSM concept (pleasure and pain), and when you've read it the first time (that happened to me. I think CG treats women like slaves). As I've read the entire series, I really don't think it advocates ABUSE/RAPE.  There is a reason WHY Grey has that kind of lifestyle. Not that I'm defending it. It's better to get to know the story first before we jump to conclusions.  I just have issues with the writing style. 

I've read other erotica novels that is more extreme than this and you may find it more controversial. YOUNG READERS, Do not attempt to read this or watch the movie UNTIL YOU ARE 18 YEARS OLD. Be a responsible reader. 

Peace & Love.
Laters, everyone.

1 comment:

  1. I still have to watch the movie, I did read the book though.
    I nominated you for the Versatile Blogger Award

    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete