Monday, March 16, 2015

My True Love Gave to Me: Twelve Holiday Stories


Pages: 321
Goodreads rating: 3.79/5 stars
My Rating: 3.75/5 stars
Genre: Young Adult, Contemporary Romance

Summary:

If you love holiday stories, holiday movies, made-for-TV-holiday specials, holiday episodes of your favorite sitcoms and, especially, if you love holiday anthologies, you’re going to fall in love with My True Love Gave To Me: Twelve Holiday Stories by twelve bestselling young adult writers, edited by international bestselling author Stephanie Perkins. Whether you enjoy celebrating Christmas or Hanukkah, Winter Solstice or New Year's there's something here for everyone. So curl up by the fireplace and get cozy. You have twelve reasons this season to stay indoors and fall in love. 

My Review:

Review originally posted on my Goodreads.

Overall, I have mixed feelings on this book. I enjoyed some of the stories, some are just not really interesting and confusing. I would rate this book for about 3.75 / 5 stars

Midnights by Rainbow Rowell - 4/5 stars
* I really enjoy this one and I think it is a great start. It's adorable and cute. I want more though.. well, what can I do it's just a short story. That wouldn't make sense if I wish it's longer.

The Lady and The Fox by Kelly Link - 3/5 stars
* This is such a pretty weird story. I like the love story part but some parts are really confusing. I have questions in my mind that are left unanswered. I wish the author emphasized a little history about the fox because I think it's rushed.

Angels in the Snow by Matt de la Pena - 4/5 stars
* I'm quite impressed with this story. It's funny and cute. I must admit, I love Matt de la Pena's writing style. It was smooth and an easy read.

Polaris is Where You'll Find Me by Jenny Han - 5/5 stars
* Of all the stories, this is my most favorite. I LOVE THIS. It's creative and unique. I just love Jenny Han.

It's Yuletide Miracle, Charlie Brown by Stephanie Perkins - 5/5 stars
* Another favorite of mine. It's quirky, warm and adorable. Ah... such a sweet read. I love the little romance. It may be a short read but it's swoon-worthy.

Your Temporary Santa by David Levithan - 2/5 stars
* I am kind of disappointed on this story. Nothing much happened. The guy pretended to be a Santa for his boyfriend's siblings, then once he is done with it, he goes to his boyfriend's room and joins him to sleep on a cold Christmas night. The End. No love story. uggh.

Krampuslauf by Holly Black - 1/5 star
* DNF. I didn't like it. Boring. pfft.

What the Hell Have You Done, Sophie Roth? by Gayle Forman -3/5 stars
* The writing is good, but I couldn't connect with the characters. I guess it was an okay read to me.

Beer Buckets & Baby Jesus by Myra McEntire - 2.5/5 stars
* Hmm.. It is okay, quite funny but it didn't really piqued my interest.

Welcome to Christmas, CA by Kiersten White - 5/5 stars
* I almost cry on this one. I love the little drama and the love story. I love Chef Ben. (He is my favorite guy)

Star of Bethlehem by Ally Carter - 4/5 stars
* I enjoyed this so much! The story is really touching.

The Girl Who Woke the Dreamer by Laini Taylor - 1/5 star
* I've only read the first paragraph. I couldn't continue it.. It almost put me to sleep. I just... meh.

I've won a signed copy of this book and I would like to thank Ms. Kate Testerman of ktliterary.com for hosting such an awesome giveaway!
 

1 comment:

  1. I agree -- I liked some of the stories better than others. Still, I loved the holiday theme!
    Jen at YA Romantics

    ReplyDelete