Saturday, March 28, 2015

The Retribution of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin

Pages: 470
Goodreads rating: 4.24 / 5 stars
My Rating: 5/5 stars
Genre: Young Adult, Mystery/Thriller, Paranormal, Romance

Summary:

Mara Dyer wants to believe there's more to the lies she’s been told.

There is.

She doesn’t stop to think about where her quest for the truth might lead.
She should.

She never had to imagine how far she would go for vengeance.
She will now.

Loyalties are betrayed, guilt and innocence tangle, and fate and chance collide in this shocking conclusion to Mara Dyer’s story.

Retribution has arrived. 

My Review:

Review originally posted on Goodreads

Fantastically creepy and haunting. 

There are no dull moments when I started reading this book. I love how the mental illnesses and the supernatural aspects combined to create such a dark, mystery and thrilling story. It's pretty unique, beautiful and complex. There are so many "what- the- actual- fuck" & "Oh. My. Gosh." moments because by the end of a chapter, it never failed to surprise me and makes wonder me what happens next.

The gore and violence in this book is impressive. It's a Saw (movie)-like-but-less-brutal like violence, if you know what I mean? Aside from that, I'm hoping that this will answer all my questions from the previous book. The flashbacks somehow confused me, and all the revelations just made this book unputdownable

Waiting for Noah Shaw to appear is an agony. Pure torture. Gosh. Thank you my dear long-patience. I had the verge to jump on one chapter where he appears. Thank goodness for Jamie Roth for enlightening me with his crazy moments and hilarious lines. (I swear, Mara and Jamie's conversation is damn hilarious. Majority of my sticky notes are their moments.) He is definitely the best sidekick ever. What a crazy genius man. I absolutely ship Mara Dyer and Noah Shaw. They are romantic as ever. Hands down. 

I can say I'm satisfied with the ending. It is not rushed and most of my questions from the previous books were answered. Do I love this trilogy? Madly. That I will love it to ruins.Chapters 71-73 , HOLY SMOKES. IT'S BREATHTAKING. SUCH A GOOD ENDING. MY HEART. THE FEELS. OH. MY. GOD. PERFECT! 

I highly recommend this trilogy and I'm looking forward on Michelle Hodkin's future novels.

No comments:

Post a Comment