Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Me Before You by Jojo Moyes

Pages: 480
Goodreads rating: 4.30 / 5 stars
My Rating: 5/5 stars
Genre: Adult Fiction, Contemporary Romance

Summary:


Lou Clark knows lots of things. She knows how many footsteps there are between the bus stop and home. She knows she likes working in The Buttered Bun tea shop and she knows she might not love her boyfriend Patrick.
What Lou doesn't know is she's about to lose her job or that knowing what's coming is what keeps her sane.
Will Traynor knows his motorcycle accident took away his desire to live. He knows everything feels very small and rather joyless now and he knows exactly how he's going to put a stop to that.
What Will doesn't know is that Lou is about to burst into his world in a riot of colour. And neither of them knows they're going to change the other for all time.

My Review:

Review originally posted on Goodreads

My eyes blurred from tears and I'm really numb right now because this broke my heart in pieces. This is a kind of book that will give you that heavy feeling and you can't get over what just happened. This book just wrecked me. The tears just won't stop flowing, thank you tissues! 

Will Traynor is a rich businessman who loves to travel and exploring. Ever since his accident, everything changed in his life. He cannot do things like a normal person does. Becoming quadriplegic made him feel helpless and became depressed. He is decided that he wants to end his life but when his new carer, Lou Clark entered his life, somehow in those moments he felt alive. 

Lou Clark formerly worked in a tea shop. Honestly, she doesn't know what she wants in the future. Her family is not financially stable and decided to grab the opportunity working as a carer even though she doesn't really know how to be one. When she met Will, at first she finds him sarcastic, moody and mean. She thinks he hates her because he doesn't show an interest of interacting to her. On the other hand, she can't blame him. Her job : Change his mind not to end his life. 

Me Before You is a thought-provoking, and an emotional book. It is simple yet beautifully written and the characters are indeed likable. It has the right amount of romance and I actually every page of this book, my fondness grew on the characters. Lou Clark and Will Traynor are both interesting and strong in different ways. I love their character developments and I simply adore their moments. They made me laugh, cry, and giddy. I am simply moved by them. I don't know how will I explain that feeling, but they are such a beautiful pair to the point it hurts.

I love how Will Traynor encouraged Lou to explore things in life, cherish the moments and appreciate its beauty while she can. I love how Lou Clark persistently encourage Will to cope and live despite of his disability. Damn, I love all their moments. I have this little hope in me towards the ending but after, all I want right now is to hug my pillow.

No comments:

Post a Comment