Thursday, April 9, 2015

Sweet Evil by Wendy Higgins

Pages: 447
Goodreads rating: 4.16 / 5 stars
My Rating: 5/5 Stars
Genre: Young Adult, Fantasy, Paranormal Romance

Summary:


Embrace the Forbidden


What if there were teens whose lives literally depended on being bad influences?



This is the reality for sons and daughters of fallen angels.
Tenderhearted Southern girl Anna Whitt was born with the sixth sense to see and feel emotions of other people. She's aware of a struggle within herself, an inexplicable pull toward danger, but it isn't until she turns sixteen and meets the alluring Kaidan Rowe that she discovers her terrifying heritage and her willpower is put to the test. He's the boy your daddy warned you about. If only someone had warned Anna.



Forced to face her destiny, will Anna embrace her halo or her horns?


My Review:

Review originally posted on Goodreads


Recommended by: Jovel and Pearl , thank you ladies! :">


It's been ages since I've read anything about fallen angels and made me fan girl like this. WHY HAVEN'T I'VE READ THIS EARLIER? (BETTER LATE THAN NEVER) . I know I have to stop fan girling right now but I CAN'T HELP IT! I LOVE WENDY HIGGINS TO BITS. 

It's about a girl named Anna Whitt , she was gifted with an ability to feel the emotions of other people and sixth sense. As much as possible, she stays as a good girl and avoids temptations. Then, she met this bad boy named Kaidan Rowe , a hot drummer of Lascivious who is knowledgeable of what she truly is. They're both attracted to each other, and Kaidan helped her how to control her abilities and taught her about Nephilim stuff. In that way, she will be able to protect herself from danger. Their love story is complicated, they can't be attracted to each other because they are both aware of what will be the outcome. However, 

I absolutely love the story and the writing style. I am instantly captivated and hooked with it to the point I just can't put the book down. I keep telling myself "just one chapter" before I go to sleep but I ended up sleeping at dawn because I can't wait what happens next. I really like the concept of the story. It's pretty unique I must say.

The characters are so lovable. I really like Anna Whitt , she is this good girl filled with curiosity. She thinks first before doing something reckless, unless it's worth doing so. Her simplicity makes me admire her more. Then, there's Kaidan Rowe. OH MY GOODNESS. HOLY MOTHER OF ALL SMOKES.He's a hot drummer, a hot fallen angel and a son of lust. I SWEAR. SMOKING HOT. I CAN'T STOP FAN GIRLING. The chemistry between this two is undeniable awesome, their HORMONESOMFG. HAHAHA! I just can't stop smiling. I have a soft spot for bad boys. I love these two. Opposites do attract to each other. 

Overall, this is an awesome book. I can't wait to read the next one. I just can't get enough of Anna and Kaidan. <3 

3 comments:

  1. www.paperboulevard.com
    I can see you're very fond of fangirling Kaidan. I have not read this yet but this is hella cool to read, I think. Awesome review!

    ReplyDelete