Monday, April 27, 2015

Sweet Reckoning by Wendy Higgins

Pages: 379
Goodreads rating: 4.40/ 5 stars
My Rating: 5/5 stars
Genre: Young Adult, Paranormal, Romance

Summary:



It’s time. 

Evil is running rampant and sweet Anna Whitt is its target. Nobody knows when or how the Dukes will strike, but Anna and her Nephilim allies will do anything necessary to rid the earth of the demons and their oppressive ways.

The stakes are higher than ever, and Anna is determined that the love she feels will be her strength, not a liability. But trying to protect the ones she loves while running for her life and battling demonic forces proves to be perilous—especially as faces are changing and trust is fleeting. When the Duke of Lust sends Anna’s great love, Kaidan Rowe, to work against her, Anna must decide how much she’s prepared to risk.

In the most sensual and fast-paced installment yet, Sweet Reckoning brings all the beloved Neph together one last time to fight for their freedom. 


My Review:

Review originally posted on my Goodreads

Wow. 

Ms. Wendy Higgins just perfectly wrapped up this series. From the start of this series to its conclusion, everything is consistent, balanced and that ending is damn epic! I JUST LOVE IT! Sweet Reckoning is just a wonderful, satisfying conclusion. It wasn't rushed and every important detail in the story is perfectly executed. Everything just exceeded beyond my expectation. This is really how you end a series. A total hands down. 

The transition of the story is indeed fast-paced and I can't stop reading. I fell in love with this series so much and it's been a long time since I'm hooked in a Paranormal series. I miss that kind of feeling. I love the character developments of Kaidan and Anna because they've become more matured compared to the previous books. Despite of all the conflicts they've been through, they were able to managed it by focusing on the problem and communicating sensibly. I really admire these two. With regards to their chemistry,OMG. AMAZING. I can't help this giddy feeling peeps!

When Kaidan said:

"I don't just love you, Anna. I adore you."


OMFG. HOLY SMOKES.
I. JUST. DIED.
I SIGH FOR KAI. 


Kudos also to the side characters, because they had a great participation in this book. I love how Ms. Higgins didn't left them out. My favorite side character is Ginger, because she might got the angst, but she's sweet too. (total badass chick.) Also, Patti. (view spoiler) Such a sweet, loving character. I love her.

Lastly, The Epilogue just made tear up a little. (view spoiler)

It's a MUST READ series. I am definitely recommending this to everyone. 
My guilty pleasure is satisfied and patiently waiting for Sweet Temptation
Kaidan Rowe and Anna Whitt forever!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment