Saturday, May 16, 2015

Unpopular Opinions Book Tag


I found a book tag on YouTube and I want to do it as a blog post. This is called Unpopular Opinions Book Tag created by TheBookArcher . :) It's just a lovely tag. 

The Questions:

1. A Popular Book or series that you didn't like.
  • We Were Liars by E. Lockhart. I am sorry if you love this book, but I'm just not really a fan of this. Plus, this book contains many metaphors. The mystery aspect is totally predictable. 

2. A Popular Book or series that every one else seems to hate but you love. 
  • Ugly Love by Colleen Hoover. I heard mixed thoughts about this book because of how the male lead acts like a jerk and probably on how his story was being told in a poem (which I find it unusual and weird. Anyway I enjoyed it.).  Here's my full review of Ugly Love if you want to check out my thoughts about it.

3. A Love Triangle where the main character ended up with the person you did NOT want them to end up with (warn people for spoilers) OR an OTP that you don't like. 

  • I have one in mind, but it will be a spoiler here. It's more of 50/50 situation. Let's just say the book is  When It Rains by Lisa De Jong. ;) For those who have read... YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN. ;) 
4. A popular book Genre that you hardly reach for. 
  • Mystery/Thrillers.  I did read several Mystery books. Some captivated me, some are just not my cup of tea. Every time I read in this line of genre, I'm a damn slow reader. Also Classics by the way. The only classic that I enjoyed is Inferno by Dante Alighieri, the rest is just a pain in my head.

5. A popular or beloved character that you do not like.
  • Jack Fn Carter from The Perfect Game by J.Sterling. This guy have the worst decision making and I'm just frustrated because he tends to be stupid. I cannot say here the other reason because it will be a spoiler.
6. A popular author that you can't seem to get into. 
  • Pittacus Lore. I've read I Am Number Four ages ago and I guess I expected too much on the series. I just can't get into his writing style. No offense to the fans, but I just can't get into it.

7. A popular book trope that you're tired of seeing. (examples "lost princess", corrupt ruler, love triangles, etc.)
  • I'll go for Bad Boy - Good Girl love story. Don't get me wrong, I love this trope but I'm rooting for the Good Boy - Bad Girl love story because I rarely read those. I'm looking for something new.

8. A popular series that you have no interest in reading.
  • Pretty Little Liars by Sara Shepard. I love contemporary romance plus the mystery aspect. This series is just way too long and I don't want to endure such long series. Convince me if I should read this and tell me this is not dragging.

9. The saying goes "The book is always better than the movie", but what movie or T.V. show adaptation do you prefer more than the book?
  • A Walk to Remember by Nicholas Sparks. I've read the book years ago and I like it, but watching the movie just made it more romantic. I ship Mandy Moore and Shane West.

3 comments:

  1. Love your answers! And I totally agree with adaptation vs book -- I love A Walk to Remember movie more than the book itself. :) If I do this unpopular opinion questionnaire... I might be kicked in the butt by a lot of book lovers. But, oh well. Hehe! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jhanz! Oh c'mon do it. We all have preferences ;)

      Delete
  2. These are great answers! I have to admit that I can't seem to get into Pittacus Lore's writing as well. As for genres, I'm not much of fan of dystopian ya, yet I read it anyway. XD

    ReplyDelete