Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Archer's Voice by Mia Sheridan

Pages: 352
Goodreads rating: 4.52 / 5 stars
My Rating: 5/5 stars
Genre: New Adult, Contemporary Romance

Summary:

When Bree Prescott arrives in the sleepy, lakeside town of Pelion, Maine, she hopes against hope that this is the place where she will finally find the peace she so desperately seeks. On her first day there, her life collides with Archer Hale, an isolated man who holds a secret agony of his own. A man no one else sees.


Archer's Voice is the story of a woman chained to the memory of one horrifying night and the man whose love is the key to her freedom. It is the story of a silent man who lives with an excruciating wound and the woman who helps him find his voice. It is the story of suffering, fate, and the transformative power of love.

THIS IS A STANDALONE SIGN OF LOVE NOVEL, INSPIRED BY SAGITTARIUS. New Adult Contemporary Romance: Due to strong language and sexual content, this book is not intended for readers under the age of 18.

My Review: 

Review originally posted on Goodreads.

Archer's Voice is one of the best New Adult novels I've ever read. It's one of those books that will take you in an emotional roller coaster ride and I'm not kidding. The story is unique, and heart-wrenchingly beautiful and it's definitely a must read. 

Bree Prescott arrives in a small town of Pelion, Maine looking for a peace of mind after dealing on a tragedy. It's an overwhelming feeling to her to the point it makes her damaged and vulnerable. She wants a fresh start by settling down on this new place. One day, she encounters the mysterious, silent, brooding man Archer Hale. There are secrets that lie in this town, Archer is well known for that and everyone called him bad names but that didn't stop Bree from getting to know a lonely man. Both damaged characters find their way of coping through love after the most traumatic events of their lives.

"Bad things don't happen to people because they deserve for them to happen. It just doesn't work that way. It's just...life. And no matter who we are, we have to take the hand we're dealt, crappy thought it may be and try our very best to move forward anyway, to love anyway, to hope anyway.. To have faith that ther's a purpose to the journey we're on. And try to believe that maybe more light shines out of those who have the most cracks."


I'm not going to blurb too much of the story because it will be a spoiler. The writing style is simple and riveting. It has a slow burning pace but I love how it pulls me into the story and I'm completely smitten by it . Some scenes will make your heart lurch, fluffy and crack up a little. I shed some tears and thank you very much tissues! SO MUCH DAMN FEELS. I CANNOT…. OMG. SO DAMN GOOD. SO BEAUTIFUL. SO AMAZING.

"Loving another person always means opening up yourself up for hurt. I don't want to lose more than I already have either, but isn't it worth it? Isn't it worth giving it a chance?"


Bree and Archer are both strong characters. I just love them together. They are attracted to each other but it really wasn't an insta-love (for me). As the story progresses, they just blend together by taking time of getting to know each other, and communicate with honesty. I love the transition of their relationship and the characters are well developed in the entire book. 

What stood out in these characters individually?
I love Bree Prescott for her sincerity, patience and thoughtfulness. I simply adored her for that. Let's not forget Archer Hale. He is a beautiful, sweet , lonely man with a pure heart. My god, I ARCHER YOU. I ARCHER YOU SO MUCH. 

"Loving you isn't a burden. Loving you is an honor and a joy, Archer"


One thing is for sure, I'm going to read more of Mia Sheridan's novels. Such an amazing, memorable love story indeed and I definitely recommend this book to everyone. Words are not enough to describe of how I feel right now. There's so much more to it and it is really awesome.

2 comments:

  1. Glad to see you find an NA that's valuable and worth it, Bea! God knows how we are full of cliché NA these days that it's hard to find the diamond in the rough... complex stories are the best :D Yay to Bree Prescott!

    Faye at The Social Potato

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Faye! I'm into NA genre lately and I'm exploring other authors writing in that genre. Glad I found this one :)

      Delete