Saturday, June 13, 2015

Bully by Penelope Douglas

Pages: 333
Goodreads rating: 4.19 / 5 stars
My Rating: 4/5 stars
Genre: New Adult, Contemporary Romance

Summary:

***This novel contains adult/mature young adult situations. It is only suitable for ages 18+ due to language, violence, and sexual situations.

My name is Tate. He doesn't call me that, though. He would never refer to me so informally, if he referred to me at all. No, he'll barely even speak to me.

But he still won't leave me alone.

We were best friends once. Then he turned on me and made it his mission to ruin my life. I've been humiliated, shut out, and gossiped about all through high school. His pranks and rumors got more sadistic as time wore on, and I made myself sick trying to stay out of his way. I even went to France for a year, just to avoid him.

But I'm done hiding from him now, and there's no way in hell I'll allow him to ruin my senior year. He might not have changed, but I have. It's time to fight back. 

I'm not going to let him bully me anymore.

My Review:

Review originally posted on Goodreads

Jared Trent and Tatum Brandt are neighbors and childhood best friends. One day, their friendship turned upside down when Jared returned one summer after visiting his father. Since that day, Jared started bullying Tate and she can't think of any reason why he does it. She went out of town for a year to study and to have a peace of mind. Upon returning, she's more confident and had more guts to face Jared. Unexpected things happened which changed her relationship to him.

I don't know if I will LOVE Jared Trent for being a sweet, loving boy or HATE him for all the awful things he did to Tate. I HAVE TO QUESTION MYSELF WHY DO I FREAKING LOVE BAD BOYS?!You might not get what I'm talking about. I swear, Jared Trent is one of those New Adult guys I love to hate at first but eventually ended up loving him for some reasons. 

At first, Jared was an asshole. I swear I want to smack him so hard and it's so damn gay to bully a helpless girl like Tate. Who tolerates that? Absorbing all the embarrassment, people assuming about things that aren't real, and spreading rumors calling her with bad names? His actions are definitely a low-blow. Of course, with every action there's a reason why he acts horribly towards Tate. Throughout this book, we get to see his reasons and apparently, he was consumed with anger and pain because something bad happened to him. After hearing his side, I can't help loving him and show his true self. He is totally different and this sexy, sweet, bad boy is just...*fangirls* 

I absolutely love Tate Brandt. Damn. I am so entertained with her character. Goodness, she definitely kick-ass. She had enough of Jared's bullshit and starts fighting back. I want to give slow claps for this lady. She's so brave! Despite of all things he did, she never gave up until she finds out the truth about him.

”You were my tempest, my thunder cloud, my tree in the downpour. I loved all of those things, and I loved you. But now? You’re a fucking drought. I thought that all the assholes drove German cars, but it turns out that pricks in Mustangs can still leave scars.”


The chemistry between these two was really intense. OMG. THE SPARKS. ZAPS. ZZZ. I love these two together. Their sweet moments are so freaking romantic and I can't stop reading it. 

Overall, this is a great story and very entertaining. I'm instantly hooked with the story and definitely an easy, light, quick read.

No comments:

Post a Comment