Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Hero by Samantha Young

Pages: 404
Goodreads rating: 4.15 / 5 stars
My Rating: 4 / 5 stars
Genre: Adult Romance, Erotica , Contemporary

Summary:


Alexa Holland’s father was her hero—until her shocking discovery that she and her mother weren't his only family. Ever since, Alexa has worked to turn her life in a different direction and forge her own identity outside of his terrible secrets. But when she meets a man who’s as damaged by her father’s mistakes as she is, Alexa must help him.

Caine Carraway wants nothing to do with Alexa’s efforts at redemption, but it’s not so easy to push her away. Determined to make her hate him, he brings her to the edge of her patience and waits for her to walk away. But his actions only draw them together and, despite the odds, they begin an intense and explosive affair.

Only Caine knows he can never be the white knight that Alexa has always longed for. And when they're on the precipice of danger, he finds he’ll do anything to protect either one of them from being hurt again…


My Review:

Review originally posted on Goodreads


Another enticing romance novel by Samantha Young. For some reasons, I always look forward on her romance novels. I love how this book kept me awake at night and the story just sucked me into it. I really enjoyed it and I'm satisfied on how it ends. 

Alexa Holland works as a personal assistant to one of the most successful photographers and they're having an important photo shoot with Caine Carraway, CEO of Carraway Financial Holdings. She didn't really expect to meet this attractive, brooding CEO because they are involved in a family drama. Alexa's father had an affair with Caine's mother which destroyed his family. She wants to apologize to him for what her father did but Caine holds a grudge against the Hollands. He takes out all of his anger to Alexa and makes sure she was going to suffer it. There's a secret behind everything. Lies that hinders the attraction between this drama. 

The story wasn't as strong as I've expected. Actually it's fine and beautifully written but the ending seems rushed and Caine's secret didn't really stood out for me but Alexa Holland's personality amused me. She's beautiful, smart-ass and witty. She's just perfect to Caine Carraway's brooding, sexy, alpha male lead despite of his hot/cold mood. I like Caine, even if he's kind of a jerk and a pain-in-the-ass. Their romance is steamy (*fans self*), romantic and I love when they throw banters to each other. The Smart-ass and The Pain-in-the-Ass. There might be some flaws in this book, but I'm still carried away by Samantha Young's writing.

No comments:

Post a Comment