Friday, June 5, 2015

P.S. I Still Love You by Jenny Han

Pages: 337
Goodreads Rating: 4.29 / 5 stars
My Rating: 4 / 5 stars
Genre: Young Adult, Contemporary Romance

Summary:


Lara Jean didn’t expect to really fall for Peter.

She and Peter were just pretending. Except suddenly they weren’t. Now Lara Jean is more confused than ever.
When another boy from her past returns to her life, Lara Jean’s feelings for him return too. Can a girl be in love with two boys at once?



In this charming and heartfelt sequel to the New York Times bestseller To All the Boys I've Loved Before, we see first love through the eyes of the unforgettable Lara Jean. Love is never easy, but maybe that’s part of what makes it so amazing.


My Review:

Review originally posted on Goodreads

"Dear Peter, I miss you. " 

A year of waiting for the conclusion in this duology. My goodness, I'm beyond excited to read this and I can't help devouring this book. I can't never get enough Jenny Han's books. She is definitely one of my favorites when it comes to YA Contemporary Romance. I don't know if I'll be happy because of how it ended or sad because it's only a duology and I want more? I doubt she'll write more. Here I am praying for a miracle to give us more Peter Kavinsky. I will never get enough of it. 
"I don't want us to break each other's hearts."
Peter laughs easily; he cups my cheek in his hand. "Are you planning on breaking my heart, Covey?"


I need a moment to recover from this and process my thoughts. I have this big smile plastered on my face and goo-goo eyes while reading the entire book and I look like an idiot.I feel so dreamy and bubbly. I can't help giggling like mad-freaking-woman. GAH! I'm having a fangirl moment right now!(Excuse my fangirl mode tendencies) I want to hug this book and run my hands all over it. I swear this book makes me swoon. It's so cute, adorable, romantic and hilarious. I love how this book gave me that feeling. I just love it. 

Eventually, Lara Jean Song Covey started falling in love with Peter Kavinsky. He's one of the guys who received her secret love letters and she's trying to win him back…for a real relationship. At first, they started pretending they are "dating" for such reasons. Now, it's going to be a real one and it's something new to her. Until, John Ambrose McClaren, an old neighbor/childhood friend comes back to her life. She's torn between two guys.

Before I proceed my thoughts between these two guys, I simply adore The Covey family. I just love how they hangout together and find time with each other despite of busy schedules. I love when Margot, Lara Jean and Kitty getting sweet on their Dad and also when three of them have this routine of making something special on different occasions. Just adorable. As for Lara Jean, for whatever scandal she'd been through, I like how she handled it with class even if she's on the verge of breaking down. Atta girl! Plus, I can't help but laugh on Kitty. Such a witty, hilarious kid. My jaw hurts from laughing. Now, let's proceed with the exciting moment...
Team Peter or Team John?

I'm torn. My mind goes to John McClaren. He maybe a laid back type of guy but he's sweet, and caring. More like he sticks to one girl kind of guy and his simplicity just makes him beautiful. He's charming in his own way. A friend of mine told me he's a keeper and she's definitely right. However, my heart goes to Peter Kavinsky. I'm like#TeamPeterKavinskyAlltheWay. He's this cocky, cute guy with all charms. I am completely SMITTEN by him even if he became sort of a jerk. I just love this guy. Of course I'll just pick one. Sorry, John but I'll go for Peter. Lara Jean and Peter K. forever! <3

Overall, it was really a fun, light and cute read that will make you swoon. Kind of book that will get you out of a reading slump. It was a happy ending but I'm a little underwhelmed (*cries on the corner.* I've waited for so long..). I beg for a third book. I beg!!! 

P.S. I Still Want More

P.P.S.
Goodbye, Genevieve! You are still a Barracuda to me. I know you have issues but you are one insecure girl. Forever Annoying Barracuda! Bye Witch with a B! ;D

3 comments:

  1. I absolutely adored PS I LOVE YOU last year and i've been DYING to get my hands on this sequel for what feels like ever. i'm so happy you have a lovely time with it and now i REALLY can't wait to start reading my copy.
    Lovely review! Lily @ Lilysbookblog

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I read the first book I didn't know there was going to be a second one so I tried to stay content with the ending of that one. OMG THERE IS A SECOND ONE AND I JUST BOUGHT IT FROM B&N!!!! I'm so excited to read it haha yaya

    Alex @ The Book's Buzz

    ReplyDelete