Friday, June 19, 2015

The Beginning of Never by O.E. Boroni

Pages: 326
Goodreads rating: 3.99 / 5 stars
My Rating: 4/5 stars
Genre: Young Adult, Contemporary Romance

Summary:


Twilight meets Eleanor and Park in this contemporary romance story about a love that insists on forever.

When Lenora Baker and Nathan Roqué run into each other in their boarding school courtyard, they have no idea that they are about to begin a journey that will take them the rest of their lives to recover from. Both scarred from parents who were once in love but ended up destroying each other, they are sworn off the possibility that there can truly exist a love that will never end. 

But when with each other they find a passion so strong that it heals as powerfully as it burns, a love that will run out is no longer an option for them. Together, they discover just how far they are willing to go to preserve what they know they will only find once in their lifetime. 

This is the start of their journey, and here you will come to realize, that falling in love is only the first part of the story...


My Review:

Review originally posted on Goodreads.


First, I want to thank Paula M. of Her Book Thoughts! and O.E. Boroni for providing an ARC in exchange for an honest review.

Lenora Baker is still mourning on the loss of her mother. Her anger and depression consumes her to the point it becomes disturbing. Her father decided to send her to a boarding school to as the only option to figure out herself and as well as an opportunity to heal after such tragedy and family drama. It's been three years since she first stepped in Lancaster Academy. Still, she finds it difficult to cope especially when her mom's death anniversary is celebrated. She isolates herself and her grades starts to fail because she can't focus. Until one day, she met this popular, brooding but charming, attractive guy, Alexandre "Nathan" Roque. He'd become her motivator and pulled her out of the darkness. He was simply her light. Together they healed and appreciate life. 

My goodness. I need a moment to gather my thoughts and appreciate these two characters. 

They're so beautiful even if they're flawed. Sometimes I can't help being frustrated on Lenora for being too hard-headed. I want to smack her for pretending she didn't like Alex. (Duh. You're so obvious *winks*) On the other hand, I'm amused because she got this angst and her emotions just felt natural andreal to me. Plus, the love story just gave me butterflies. Nathan makes me feel giggly!! *fangirl mode activated* Gaah! I just love this guy! Fluffy, giddy-yeah!! \(^^,)/ \(^^,)/ \(^^,)/ Their awkward, sweet moments are so cute and adorable. 

THAT ENDING: I don't know what to write right now because this book is a sucker punch on my heart. THAT CLIFFHANGER! OMG! GIVE ME THE NEXT BOOK! It's one of the books that made me hooked and I really didn't expect it. The writing style is simply beautiful. I had to say this book got an Eleanor & Park vibe, but the story is different. All I want is the sequel. I can't wait to read the sequel. 

This is indeed a great debut novel and I am definitely recommending it. 

3 comments:

  1. I've seen this around but wasn't sure I would like it. Your review convinced me, haha. I'll have to add it to my TBR!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wonder if this will separate itself from all the other romances out there. Glad you liked it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This book looks so interesting! I NEED THIS!

    ReplyDelete