Monday, July 6, 2015

Bad Romeo by Leisa Rayven

Pages: 432
Goodreads rating: 4.20 / 5 stars
My Rating: 5 / 5 Stars
Genre: New Adult / Adult, Romance

Summary:

When Cassie Taylor met Ethan Holt at acting school, sparks flew. She was the good girl actress. He was the bad boy about campus. But one fated casting choice for Romeo and Juliet changed it all. Like the characters they were playing, Cassie and Ethan's romance seemed destined. Until he broke her heart and betrayed her trust. Now the A-list heartthrob is back in her life and turning her world around. One touch at a time.

Cast as romantic leads once again, they're forced to confront raw memories of the heartbreaking lows and pulse-pounding highs of their secret college affair. But they'll also discover that people who rub each other the wrong way often make the best sparks
 


My Review:

Review originally posted on Goodreads


As soon as I heard the rave about this debut novel, I can't help but be curious about it and the summary seems pretty captivating. While I'm still on my mood to read New Adult/Adult romance novels, I decided to pick this up now. 


When ex-lovers crossed their paths again as they're being cast on a romantic theatrical play seems pretty difficult and awkward.The truth is, Cassie Taylor couldn't get over her ex-boyfriend, Ethan Holt. They met on an acting school and both landed to play the main roles on Shakespeare's Romeo and Juliet. With such a strong romance and attraction, things got steamy between them and ended up having a relationship. Unfortunately, things go on the rocks and she will not forget how Ethan breaks her heart to pieces. Working with him again brings back all those hurtful memories of their relationship and she wasn't sure if her heart can take it.



" Sometimes liking someone has nothing to do with what you want and everything to do with what you need."




Bad Romeo is  a beautiful, captivating, and swoon-worthy debut novel. I don't even know how will I organize my thoughts about it. I love everything about this book. Praises to Leisa Rayven's writing style because it's absolutely impressive.The lines are hilarious and romantic at the same time and I highlighted  lots of them. I really enjoyed the banters between the main characters. The sexual tension and chemistry between them is just strong, powerful and it will make you swoon.Damn, breath-taking and gritting tension. It's just over the top. My anticipation builds up and I just need to know what happened between them on the past. The conflict is so damn good that I'm instantly hooked with it.



Cassie Taylor is a gorgeous, witty, sarcastic and funny woman. Her emotions  just felt raw and real. She just got the angst and I enjoyed her character. She is a Plain Jane with sheer brilliance in acting. She used to pretend to be someone just to please other people or to jive in the crowd.. In reality, she's tired of pleasing her parents and being dictated by them. They have different plans for her but Cassie insist to get away with them and pursue her dreams.



As for Ethan Holtmy Bad Romeo.. He is one sexy, arrogant, bastard. I hate to love you but I love you. Apparently, he fears intimacy because of his previous unfortunate love story. If he will have a relationship, he feels like it's going to end really bad. He just doesn't let anyone break his walls and Cassie is fearless to break it. Another issue, his father wasn't supportive on his acting career in an insulting way. Poor guy, but he's still a beautiful sexy bastard with deep secrets. HELL YEAH! BAD BOYS FOREVER!



THAT ENDING…. Oh my Lord. FUDGING FUDGE.. DAMN CLIFFHANGERS. I love this book. No need to drink coffee because this book is enough to keep you warm and it will definitely give you palpitations. Well, it's worth the rave and I'm so going to read Broken Juliet….ASAP. 

No comments:

Post a Comment