Wednesday, July 15, 2015

Mid-Year Book Freak Out Tag!


Supposedly, I'm going to make a list of my Top 10 Favorite Books of 2015 (So far) but I stumbled on this book tag on YouTube and decided I'm going to do it. (Even if I'm not tagged by anyone but it's really a great tag to at least summarize my top and disappointing reads this year). This tag is  created by  ReadLikeWildFire & Ely Jane.  I'm gonna tag some people via Twitter. 

The Questions: 

1. Best book you’ve read so far in 2015. 
  • When It Rains by Lisa De Jong ; This is a New Adult novel and I consider this underrated because only a few people I knew have read this book. I think this book deserves an attention because it's absolutely a wonderful, captivating and an emotional story. Guys, read this. Grab some tissues as well because it will rip your heart.

2. Best sequel you've read so far in 2015.
  • I have a few in my mind, but I'll go with The Heir by Kiera CassSome of you might hate this book because it's supposed to be a trilogy and the MC is absolutely an immature, spoiled brat. I considered those factors but I find this entertaining than the first three. It's not as predictable as it seems because we get to see the Princess' perspective instead of the competitor's. Plus, throughout the story the character development is evident.

3. New release you haven't read yet, but want to.

4. Most anticipated release for the second half of the year.

5. Biggest disappointment.
  • Take a Chance by Abbi Glines. I always love binge reading her series but this installment is just disappointing. The conflict seems pretty shallow, The male lead is an a-hole and The female lead is dull though her personality is great.

6. Biggest surprise.
  • Dangerous Girls by Abigail Haas. This book is a total mindfuck. Like.. Holy Shit. So evil genius. Sorry for my words but this book caught me off guard.
  • Echo by E.K. BlairThis is an adult romance novel. Don't read this if you are below 18 years old because it contains sex scenes and violence. This is the second book in The Black Lotus series. It's an erotica novel with a great conflict and writing style. Well, it's another mindfuck just like the first book. 

7. Favourite new author. (Debut or new to you)
  • Penelope Douglas, Leisa Rayven, Mia Sheridan & Amy Harmon. Their books are so good! These are New Adult authors that I think you should check out. For Young Adult : Jessi Kirby, Mallory Blackman, Wendy Higgins & Neil Gaiman

8. Newest fictional crush.

9. Newest favourite character.
  •  Tatum Brandt from Bully by Penelope Douglas. I love this heroine. She's feisty and strong girl. I swear, she's an inspiration to those people who are being bullied. Sometimes you need to stand-up for those bullies. 

10. Book that made you cry.
  •  Aside from When It Rains by Lisa De Jong,  I will go for Me Before You by Jojo Moyes. Oh my God. This book broke my heart into damn pieces. I also can't wait for its movie adaptation. I will see Sam Claflin's face and Emilia Clarke. OH MY GOD.

11. Book that made you happy.
  •  Tied by Emma Chase. A wonderful conclusion to the Tangled series. Emma Chase is a great author in writing romance with humor in it. I'll miss all the characters' shenanigans.

12. Favourite book to film adaptation you saw this year. 
  • Fifty Shades of Grey. Yes smut. Just kidding.I'll go with Insurgent. Though there are changes in this movie (well some scenes are not in the book), I don't really mind. It's so badass. I love it!

13. Favourite review you've written this year. (Booktube version: Favourite video you have done so far in this year)
  •  My favorite review I've written this yearP.S. I Still Love You by Jenny Han (click the link to see my review). I poured my heart out on this review because it's on my top anticipated books this year. I just love it!

14. Most beautiful book you've bought so far this year (or received)

15. What books do you need to read by the end of the year?
  • I need to read some of my pending e-ARCs. They are piling and some of my anticipated books this year. I'll also let the hype go down for a while by the way because it puts me off. haha!

5 comments:

  1. Thanks for the Tag! :D
    And Take a Chance was really a disappointment really. :p It got me to stop reading Abbi's books.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same here Sandee! Take A Chance was a meh to me. :( I'm not sure if I'll read the next one.

      Delete
    2. PS. You're welcome and I am looking forward on your answers :)

      Delete
  2. I've recently read Dangerous Girls and I agree with you. Total mindfuck, indeed. :)

    Julie @ Books and Insomnia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I really didn't see the twist coming. Have you read Dangerous Boys?

      Delete