Sunday, August 9, 2015

Broken Juliet by Leisa Rayven

Pages: 336
Goodreads Rating: 4.25 / 5 Stars
My Rating: 5 / 5
Genre: New Adult, Contemporary Romance

Summary:


How do you fix a love that’s been broken beyond repair?


For years, Cassie Taylor tried to forget about Ethan Holt. He was the one great love of her life, and when he failed to return her love, a part of her died forever. Or so she thought. Now she and Ethan are sharing a Broadway stage, and he’s determined to win her back. Claiming to be a changed man, he’s finally able to say all the things she needed to hear years ago, but can she believe him? What makes this time different from all his other broken promises?


Ethan knows he can’t change their tumultuous past, but if he’s going to have any chance of being with the woman he loves, he’ll need to convince Cassie that her future belongs with him. 

My Review: 

Review originally posted on Goodreads


"Loving you is the stupidest, most selfish thing I’ve ever done, but I can’t stop. God knows I’ve tried." 

I can't believe I'm done with this. A part of me doesn't want to end this. Oh my goodness.. I WANT ANOTHER LEISA RAYVEN BOOK! Ethan and Cassie's story is HANDS DOWN FANTASTIC! The tension and chemistry.. Off-the-charts amazing. So romantic, sweet, intense, sexy and swoon-worthy!

Their story continues of what's left on Bad Romeo. When these two are finally getting a chance to give their relationship another shot and settle their issues. Just like in the previous book, we still get to see the past and the present moment. These two are really complicated characters. They have personal issues to battle which makes them flawed and damaged. Especially, Ethan. 

"This man represents so many things to me. He was my first true friend. My first love. First lover. The master of more pleasure than I knew existed, and the architect of more heartache than I thought I could endure."


I understand Cassie Taylor for being guarded and hesitant upon Ethan's return. She doesn't trust Ethan… yet. Afraid that he will break her heart again after all the chances and effort she gave in the past. It's evident she still loves him but she wants to take things slow. As for Ethan Holt, I love his character development. He seems wholesome, more confident and patient to win back Cassie's heart. He just poured his heart out for her and his feelings are not guarded anymore. Oh my lord of sweetness, he is a fucking swoon-worthy, bad boy. I love my Bad Romeo. One of the best book boyfriends EVER.

There are so many things that I love about Broken JulietI love the slow burning pace. Every page and chapter of this book kept me awake.. Definitely unputdownable. Ethan and Cassie's feelings and emotions are natural and legit. I love how Ms. Rayven wrote these characters with angst and gritting tension. Goodness gracious of emotional roller coaster. Their reunion makes me teary-eyed, my heart swells with joy. Also, there are lots of quotable lines here. So many beautiful words in this book. Lastly, The scorching, hot-romance. Hell yeah! The chemistry is just.. Oh my god.. On the scale of 1-10.. It's off the charts! Maybe 35? ;) HAHAHAHA!!! 

I'm afraid, I will have a long book hangover and it's absolutely worth it. I hope Jack Avery will have his own book. He is such an interesting side character. 

2 comments:

  1. I haven't read an NA book in a while. You are making me want to read this, too. I like slow burn romance because it doesn't feel forced. The cover is so beautiful. Great review!

    ~ Dre @ Sporadic Reads

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Dre! I hope you'll read this one. It's really worth it. Love the sarcasms, banters and tension between the characters. Yes, the cover is indeed beautiful :)

      Delete