Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Loving Mr. Daniels by Brittany C. Cherry

Pages: 310
Goodreads rating: 4.32 / 5 Stars
My Rating: 4 / 5 Stars
Genre: New Adult, Contemporary Romance

Summary:


To Whom it May Concern, 

It was easy to call us forbidden and harder to call us soulmates. Yet I believed we were both. Forbidden soulmates. 

When I arrived to Edgewood, Wisconsin I didn’t plan to find him. I didn't plan to stumble into Joe's bar and have Daniel's music stir up my emotions. I had no clue that his voice would make my hurts forget their own sorrow. I had no idea that my happiness would remember its own bliss. 

When I started senior year at my new school, I wasn’t prepared to call him Mr. Daniels, but sometimes life happens at the wrong time for all the right reasons. 

Our love story wasn’t only about the physical connection.

It was about family. It was about loss. It was about being alive. It was silly. It was painful. It was mourning. It was laughter.

It was ours. 

And for those reasons alone, I would never apologize for loving Mr. Daniels. 

-Ashlyn Jennings


My Review:

Review originally posted on Goodreads

"The best things in life aren't easy. They are tough, they are painful, and they are raw. That makes the arrival to the final destination that much sweeter."

Loving Mr. Daniels is a beautiful and an emotional read. The words. The WORDS in this book are strong and an eye-opener. I love how Ms. Cherry tackled more on life lessons than the love story. I like the love story but the life lessons in this book stood out more for me. 

Ashlyn Jennings is not a perfect character. She lost her twin sister whom she loved dearly,Gabby. Gabby left her a box full of letters. She will not open it nor read it until she completed the task. It's like a bucket list of some sorts. She will stay on her biological father's home, whom she didn't have a good relationship with. On her way, she met a guy on the train...

Beautiful.

Breathtaking.

Brilliant.

Blue Eyes.

Daniel Daniels.

What a funny name. This guy is just brilliantly romantic. He was a musician in a band named Romeo's Quest and each chapter of this book, there's a poem. Which I really love. Swoon worthy lines are meant to be appreciated! Ashlyn and Daniel have this.. chemistry. Strong chemistry. They instantly connected. Aside from their love for Shakespeare, they are both broken but confided each other. Daniel's story is heartbreaking as well. He lost a lot. More than Ashley did. I just couldn't imagine experiencing all that tragedy. 

Everything just turned upside down when Ashlyn found out he was her teacher. Yes, forbidden romance. Did they stop loving each other? No. It may be challenging for both characters but love will find a way. These two just got the sass and sometimes, I enjoy their little banters. These two learned a lot from each other. Like forgiveness, moving on and live happily. 

Enough the love story, what really moved me in this book is Ryan. I fucking love Ryan and his fate broke my damn heart. For someone who's not being accepted by his mother because of his sexuality is truly heartbreaking. His letter just made me cry. Of course, Gabby. I love Gabby and her letters. It never failed to make me cry and laugh.

There are some parts that are left unanswered and I'm still curious about it. Anyways, it's indeed a wonderful read.

PS. Thank you sis for Pearl recommending this book to me. ;)


4 comments: