Wednesday, August 12, 2015

More than Music by Elizabeth Briggs

Pages: 303
Goodreads Rating; 3.85 / 5 Stars
My Rating: 3 / 5 Stars
Genre: New Adult, Contemporary Romance

Summary:


Music major Maddie Taylor just finished her junior year of college and has a summer internship lined up with the LA Philharmonic, yet every night she practices guitar and secretly dreams of a louder life. But geeky girls like her don't get to be rock stars. That is, until tattooed singer Jared Cross catches her playing guitar and invites her to join his band on The Sound, a reality TV show competition. 


Once on the show, Maddie discovers there’s more to Jared than his flirty smile and bad boy reputation – and that he’s just as big a geek as she is. With each performance their attraction becomes impossible to ignore, but when the show pressures them to stay single they’re forced to keep their relationship secret. 



As the competition heats up, Jared will do whatever it takes for his band to win, and Maddie must decide if following her dream is worth losing her heart.


My Review:

Review originally posted on Goodreads

Thank you NetGalley and Victory Editing for providing an ARC in exchange for an honest review.

I'm okay with books that has a music theme in it. I'm not really a modern music enthusiast and mostly I listened to 70's - 90's song. I recognize some of those mentioned in this book, which is great because I like some of them. I think this book showcased it really good. I like how the characters expressed their passion in music and it makes me want to learn how to play a music instrument. In my opinion, the writing style is really good. 

However, I wasn't really a fan of Maddie and Jared. They are a great pair but they just fell flat for me. I don't feel their chemistry. Plus, Maddie is really whiny and complained too much. As for the competition.. well it was definitely like The Voice. Overall, it was an okay book to me.


1 comment:

  1. I've nominated you for an award! Everything you need to know is in the link below :D Have a great day!

    http://sweetcherry69.blogspot.com/2015/08/the-blogger-recognition-award.html

    Carrie @The Book Goddess

    ReplyDelete