Saturday, August 8, 2015

The Gossip Girl Book Tag


The Gossip Girl Book Tag was created by these lovely book bloggers: Salve @ Cuckoo For Books , Kevin @ Tomebound , JM @Book Freak Revelations and Miel @ Bookish and Awesome . Thank you JM for tagging me! I got to be honest, I haven't watch Gossip Girl nor read the books. I'm really unfamiliar with their names. (Shame on me.) Well, I guess I might watch them soon, if I have time. Let's get on with this awesome tag! 

The Questions:

1. Serena van der Woodsen - The IT book of YA
  • I will go for Harry Potter series by J.K. Rowling. I know there are lots of popular series out there. I still think this series is IT for me. The series never gets old, it's worth the hype and definitely a must read series for the upcoming generations.

2.  Blair Wardolf - A Book / Character You Love to Hate
  • Samantha Kingston of Before I Fall by Lauren Oliver. Don't get me wrong, I love Lauren Oliver but this book.. I just hate it. The events here are redundant and boring. The MC (Samantha) is annoyingly stupid, ignorant and a complete b*tch who tolerates her b*tchy bully friends. I don't have any ounce of sympathy towards her. Why correct things when it's too late? I may sound harsh, but I'm just being honest

3) Nate Archibald - Book eye candy
  • Bad Romeo by Leisa Rayven. That cover is just beautiful and as well as the story. If you love New Adult books, go pick this up! Just a reminder, the scenes here are intense, lots of swearing and angst. Not recommended for young readers.

4) Chuck Bass - a roller coaster ride of a book
  • I may have a lot of answers for this category, but I will pick the recent one that took me in a roller coaster ride (of emotions). Made You Up by Francesca Zappia. Guys, pick this one up. I swear.. It's really good. It will give you some surprises. ;)

5) Dan Humphrey - a book that you think deserves more love than it gets
  • Flipped by Wendelin Van Draanen. This book deserves a big hype. Truly one of the best YA Contemporary books ever written. Plus, one of the best book to movie adaptation I've ever seen. (aside from Harry Potter movies of course) Seriously, if you haven't read this.. READ THIS. ASAP! This is the true definition of a YA book. Will I ever stop raving about this? NEVER. 

6) Jenny Humphrey - a character that had a drastic transformation, for better or worse
  • Anna Whitt from Sweet Evil by Wendy Higgins. I absolutely admire the character growth of Anna. At first, she was this shy and good girl who is afraid to break out of her shell.  Throughout the series, she becomes more courageous in doing risky things.. not in a reckless way of course. As the series goes on, she becomes better and definitely possesses that girl power.

7) Rufus and Lily - The OTP that could have been
  • WARNING. SPOILERS. BEWARE. . DON'T SAY THAT I DIDN'T WARN YOU.  I will go for Will Traynor and Lou Clark of Me Before You by Jojo Moyes. Do I have to go on details? No. I can't. I will not tell you why, Go read this and find out. Damn it. my poor heart. For those who have read this book, you know what happened...and why. </3  

8) Vanessa Abrams - a book that doesn't have a long lasting impression on you
  • We Were Liars by E.Lockhart. I gave this 3 / 5 stars. It has a pretty decent writing but it didn't live up to my expectations. Did I see the ending coming? Yes... Am I surprised? No. It's very predictable.

9) Dorotha - you favorite sidekick character
  • Jamie Roth from The Mara Dyer trilogy by Michelle Hodkin. Well, I love this crazy and witty sidekick. Sometimes we think he is really insane.. but sometimes he's just.. crazy smart.

10) Ivy Dickens - a book you always mistake for something else (either with another book or the cover deceived you in some way)

  • Rot & Ruin by Jonathan Maberry and Handling the Undead by John Adjvide. Super cover twins and scary to look at.

11) Lola Rhodes - a book/character you really wanted to like more than you actually do
  • John Ambrose McClaren from P.S. I Still Love You by Jenny Han. I've never been this confused.. McClaren is worth liking. He's just that kind of guy you've ever dreamed of but.. Peter Kavinsky all the way! ;)

12) Georgina Sparks - A villain that's killing it with villain-y
  • Neferet from the House of Night Series by P.C. Cast & Kristin Cast. She is just the vilest villain I've ever encountered in a book. What an evil, selfish bitch. All she wants is to be the most powerful one but to do it, she kills people & vampyres. 

13) Prince Louis - A-Prince-Charming-Turned-A-Plus-Jerk
  •  Adam Kent from Shatter Me trilogy by Tahereh Mafi. Pfft. His character was so ruined. damn. I didn't expect it at all. 


That's all folks! I'm tagging some people via twitter. Also, feel free to do this lovely tag if I haven't tag you!! <3


2 comments:

  1. I love all your answers! I couldn't agree more with Harry Potter being the IT book of YA, it's an absolute classic and the movie adaptations are absolutely amazing!
    I loved the Sweet Evil series, Anna and Kai were so cute.. I'm so looking forward to Sweet Temptation and seeing Kai's POV :)
    Great Post!
    I just followed you via GFC and would love a follow back :)
    Cody @ Literary-ly Obsessed

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I can't wait for Sweet Temptation as well. I want more Kai! :D

    ReplyDelete