Saturday, August 8, 2015

The NSFW Book Tag



I'm just lurking around on YouTube and stumbled on this interesting tag via Riley Marie 's video. It is called The NSFW Book Tag! : "NSFW" stands for Not Safe For Work. So have you read any books that you think isn't safe to read at work or in public? Well, I have a few in mind. This tag is created by LukeLaneReads and ChapterStackss .

The Questions: 

1. What is the LAST book you would want your parents to walk in on you reading?
  • Broken Juliet by Leisa Rayven. Yes, I'm safe with this book because of that beautiful cover.  but the story... well it's really intense and whooo! *fans self*

2. It’s storming outside, and you’re home alone for the night. What book would only make matters worse?
  • True Philippine Ghost stories. This is an anthology that I used to collect and I swear, some of the stories scared the living shit out of me. My mom made me stop collecting these because of the scary covers.

3. Have you ever read a book simply because of the controversy surrounding it? 
  • Yes. An obvious answer, Fifty Shades of Grey by E.L. James. I thought it was just some random romantic story. I didn't expect it was an erotica novel. Damn.

4. What is the most cringe-inducing romance or sex scene you have ever read?


  • Definitely not Fifty Shades of Grey this time. I've read other adult romance novels that I think are more beautifully written but some of their sex scenes are just..quite uncomfortable to read. I have two in my mind: Bang by E.K. Blair - Warning: this book is VERY DARK because it has abuse in it and it's all about revenge. A total mindf*ck as well. So not advisable to young readers. Another one is Tears of Tess by Pepper Winters - If you think Fifty Shades has dark BDSM? You got it wrong my dear friends. This is dark, intense.. and quite disturbing

5. What book has made you question the author's sanity?
  • For the YA genre: Abigail Haas - if you have read Dangerous Girls or Dangerous Boys, you know why. If not, GO READ IT! I DARE YOU. For the New Adult Genre: Tarryn Fisher - She's one of the co-authors of Never Never. You know Charlie is a pretty dark heroine. I tried one of her books, Marrow. Well.. ABSOLUTELY INSANE.  For the Adult Genre: E.K. Blair - I've mentioned Bang and I swear, it's crazy and the ending.. jaw dropping insane. 

6. Have you ever put down a book and not finished it because the content was too much for you?
  • I usually put down a book when I'm not in the mood to read it. Well, for the one that's too much for me because it is too emotional... I'll go with Time Stands Still by Lori Otto, this is the second book in the Emi Lost & Found series and When It Rains by Lisa De Jong. These two books left me emotionally wrecked. 

7. What fictional character do you have the most NSFW thoughts about?
  • Professor Gabriel Owen Emerson from Gabriel's Inferno by Sylvain Reynard. omfg. I should stop staring.... *sighs* My Dante. LOL

8. Show us your most NSFW book cover.

  • HAHAHA!! Don't judge the book by its cover. It's actually one of the most hilarious books I've ever read. My jaw hurts from laughing. It's not as graphic as other erotica novels. Promise.

9. Have you ever read something from the erotica/romance genre, and what did you think?
  • Yes and I'm okay with it. I don't mind sex in books. As long as there's more story.. I don't like books where every chapter has sex. Conflict / Story > Sex

10. You stumble across a portkey. What fictional world would you not want to be transported into?
  • The Hunger Games. just don't bring me there. It's scary to participate in that game. 

No comments:

Post a Comment